Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I talked with Scotty about this last year.It all about $.More people run off road on Saturdays than oval would draw.He's having the Leftover Classic oval race on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving for sure and talked about a 3 day race some time after New Years but no firm plans yet.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I just talked with Bill Sullivan,this is the word from Trackside.Oval racing will be every other Saturday starting on October 2.Doors will open at 9 with racing at noon or 1 pm.A good turn out for the program would be great as Scotty has moved the off road program to accomadate oval racing on the weekend.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
indy boys....time to invite ourselves to stay at mentzel's place.....tell renee to start dinner...should be 4-5 of us occasionally...right?
dk

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Does Oshkosh run oval on any week nights ???

Friday night was perfect for me at Trackside -- it's gonna be harder for me to make the Saturday program -- but I'll be there whenever I can.

I was hoping maybe Oshkosh ran on some week night so I could run up there when I can't make the Saturday races.

Thx -- someone pls let me know.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes, Jeff. I guess we are going back to thursday nights again. Bad for some people but better eye candy at the bars after racing. I guess you have to make some sacrifices. Anyway I look forward to seeing you up here starting the 7th if I'm not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Barooose said:
Yes, Jeff. I guess we are going back to thursday nights again. Bad for some people but better eye candy at the bars after racing. I guess you have to make some sacrifices. Anyway I look forward to seeing you up here starting the 7th if I'm not mistaken.
OK Thanks -- that will work super... I'll probably wind up racing there quite a bit then. I would usually take Thursday afternoons off because I have so much vacation built up. Trackside was an hour drive for me and Oshkosh is only a little bit more -- maybe and hour and 3/4.

What time does the track open and what time does the racing start ?

Thx.

·
Registered
408 Posts
saturday races at trackside? sounds GREAT! not sure about that Nats rumor, though...i heard another rumor that ROAR wanted some $$$ from Scotty to have it there. Anyone else know more about the nats possibly being at trackside?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I talked with Scotty at the Paved Oval Nats and he indicated that he might withdraw his bid for the nationals and just have his own special, maybe in February and save everyone some money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to go along with Jeff on this one. Saturdays are hard to make ESPECIALLY during the day. Saturday nights would be a way better call if you wanted to do saturdays in my oppinion. What was wrong with fridays? Guess if I want to race I need to find out where the track is up in Oshkosh.

Brad F

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fridays are real hard to make when you have to travel 5-6 hours. Can't afford to miss work.

Are they still going to race Fridays nights on the weeks they don't race on Saturdays?

Nats or BIG race, doesn't matter as long as all the big dogs showup.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
MK Race said:
Fridays are real hard to make when you have to travel 5-6 hours. Can't afford to miss work.

Are they still going to race Fridays nights on the weeks they don't race on Saturdays?

Nats or BIG race, doesn't matter as long as all the big dogs showup.
It's my understanding that there will be NO oval racing on the weeks that they don't run on Saturday. It will ONLY be the 2 saturdays -- Friday nights are completely out.

Scotty's got to do what's best for the track and what will work for the most guys -- I'd much rather see the oval program continue on Saturdays (even if it's harder for me) -- than see oval die altogether at Trackside. It's probably the right thing for them to do.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am sure the few that Scotty will loose by racing on Saturdays, should be picked up by those who can't make Friday's................I for one will be out on Saturday's..............sorry...........racing on Friday's worked for me, I work for "The Man" on Saturday's.......................such is life.

Have a great season at Trackside everyone!

I am not real sure where I will end up this winter....................only time will tell.............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys.... Just checked out Tracksides web site. Schedule is posted. Hope to see ya at the track this winter. LOOK OUT ......'s all over the track! Some of you may get that.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Mike -- turnout was pretty thin this past Sat.

Just a handful of guys each in cup, stock, and 19T -- it's probably just a bit early yet.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts