Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a shareware program that allows you to design your layout using different brands of track. Any recommendations?

I just ordered the tomy super international set, so I want to configure a layout for me an my boys. I built a table this past weekend (4'x8'), and if the kiddos seem to enjot it, I may build another table and get some more track. I checked out Braun's site, but want to play around with it while I wait for the set to arrive. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bubba,
Check this site out:http://www.slotcarmanager.de/en/all_frames_e.html
Another member here posted it awhile back and it will keep you busy for awhile!! Hope he doesn't mind?? Make sure to check-mark English and after you download what you want, when the Track Editor page comes up, go to bottom left hand corner click (Language)and check-mark inches!! Had a heck of a time figuring out mm and cm before I found this out!! Hope this helps out!!
TBro

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Bro-man44 said:
Bubba,
Check this site out:http://www.slotcarmanager.de/en/all_frames_e.html
Another member here posted it awhile back and it will keep you busy for awhile!! Hope he doesn't mind?? Make sure to check-mark English and after you download what you want, when the Track Editor page comes up, go to bottom left hand corner click (Language)and check-mark inches!! Had a heck of a time figuring out mm and cm before I found this out!! Hope this helps out!!
TBro
I tried it but could not get on with the fact the Tomy curves are not given their correct names. Also I would prefer a package that does not show the lane colors but has the pieces themselves color-coded (ie 6'' Red, 9'' Blue etc) so you can see at a glance what pieces you need next.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, curves were a bit tricky at first...I assume curve 5 = 15" curve, etc, by looking at the track once I insert it. But, it's the only thing I have to use at this point, so don't really have a choice until I get the actual track set.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bubbahotep7 said:
Yeah, curves were a bit tricky at first...I assume curve 5 = 15" curve, etc, by looking at the track once I insert it. But, it's the only thing I have to use at this point, so don't really have a choice until I get the actual track set.
Yes, Curve5=15" etc. I believe it has 3"-15" str. and 3"-15" curves. I did my whole layout I'm building(4-lane) with it on, the exact dimensions of my table(5x9) and it came within 3/4" of beginning piece and last piece!! Not bad!!And it gives you a pretty good length of each lane. I just think it is a slick little designer to work with, my opinion. You have to play with it(snicker)to get the hang of it. And no, it doesn't have 18" curves. Being able to show your over/unders and borders/fences is pretty slick too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts