Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just looking to see what Lap Counting software your local track is using?? We are thinking of upgrading our software to something new.. We use Transponders,So it will need to integrade that.. Also Looking for a program that will handle Personal Transponders.. And maybe Keep track of a points season???? But not sure where to look??? Anyhelp with this would be greatly Appreciated..
James

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
A few choices out there....

But, stay away from JLAP if you have any big races.

BnB Autoscore works well.(and has great support)

SPARC is hard to use and not geared towards RC as well.

C

·
0 Posts
Our club uses J-Lap, and we have had a lot of issues with it. Its overly complicated and not that easy to use. Lots of unnecessary steps. But we have to run it due to our format of racing. We would like to use Autoscore but we can't.

If you buy a program, Autoscore is really the only choice!

Cory

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Expensive it is but Autoscore is the best setup going in my opinion. I've had "issues" that I haven't been able to work out myself and Bill is always right on top of fixing the problem. I'm planning to add the database/series program to ours this fall to make re-entering people easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We've used the Laps Free software at our club in Niagara. It works really well, and is very easy to use and understand. It's also very easy to manually adjust heats and lineups throughout the race night. We used it with manual lap counting, but it is compatible with the old and new AMB systems also!

Try it out,.. its free!!

Mark

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
if u want the best software available, go for rc scoring pro.. it is hands down no comparison to anything else... ask anyone who has seen it used..

it has more features then u can imagine..

when u practice, it shows your lap times in your own box... then as u practice through the day it shows every run.. your best laps ect ect ect... it is the best...

i belive the website is rcscoringpro.com

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
We have used nothing but Autoscore for the past 12 years so I don't know anything but that. All I can say is no matter what version we used we have always had good performance and great support.

www.echeconneesuperspeedway.tk

·
Registered
832 Posts
Dirtrunner's R/C Car Club uses BnB. The best part about it is the database that holds all the names you have ever entered. We had 217 entries one sunday and to put everyone in you point and click. The version we have that is now 1 1/2 years old accepts personal transponders. It has worked flawlessly since day one. I reccomend it highly...............WAYNE

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Alycat • RC Scoring Pro

We use Alycat, RC Scoring Pro and Sparc...
Alycat is used at all of our tracks most... The latest version has many great features. Like ALL the programs offered, there is a learning curve, but once you do a few races, it really is not all that bad. You can also upload html from Alycat to you website. http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/RacingPA.shtml would be an example of what we do and have been doing this for over a year. We just upgraded to the latest version of Alycat about a month ago for around 100 bucks. You get the most bang for the buck with this program I think.
We have also use RC Scoring Pro on practice days.
http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/Snowbirds.shtml - You will see this program running in unison with the Snowbirds system last year. RC Scoring Pro has an awesome look and feel. But we are still in the de-bugging phase for using it for live racing. This program too has great features, some nicer than Alycat. To our tracks, this has a steep learning curve, but once you learn all the nuances, it works.
Sparc, we did not even bother after we used it once or twice. AMB does not even support it anymore and they remain nuetral.
Good luck!
Mike
:wave:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am using RC Scoring Pro. Hands down the best system on the Market. And support is always a phone call away with a fix. Contact Doug at RC Scoring Pro.

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Yes, RC Scoring Pro does have the BEST tech support anywhere.

What do you like about the program? Do you have any tips, or cool features you have discovered that helps you run the races more smoothly? I want to make the switch to 100% RC Scoring Pro in the near future.
M

Fox Racing said:
I am using RC Scoring Pro. Hands down the best system on the Market. And support is always a phone call away with a fix. Contact Doug at RC Scoring Pro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use lapsfree... works very well, has speech, allows for unattended racing and has not crashed in any of the events we ran.

Oh did I mention it's free.... FREE!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts