Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I looking for information about what type of track to run on an O scale layout. I know there's Atlas, Flex, Gargraves and a few others. Only, I new to this. I've been looking at Gargraves because of the pricing. Which is better, tinplated or stainless steel? Also what is the differents between O-Gauge and O-Scale? Is on big or smaller than the other?
I know I have alot of questions... but.. how else does one find out if they don't ask?? Right? :confused:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
O-Gauge is the track guage. Scale of items may not be exactly 1/48.

O-SCALE is prototypical accurate models.

Lionel is mostly out of scale, but MTH has many scale items.
They are 1/48 scale models.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you like 1/48 scale , but Not the price or the amount of room required, Consider Modeling in On30 scale....O scale Narrow gauge or O scale that operates on HO track.

Check out Bachmanns Shay, Climax and Porter locomotives....They also Have a Forney recently out that is DCC and includes Synchronized Sound.

This scale lends itself to modeling an Old Logging Or Mining RR or Anything really from Small town America through the late 40's early fifties.

It is at its absolute Best modeling early 1900-1930 Logging Layouts.
Bachmann Equipment is affordable and dependable and there is a lot of stuff available in On30........type in On30 and search Model Trains (all scales and you'll see what I mean.
Theres also a Yahoo group called the On30 conspiracy that at one time sported over 3500 members!!!and several other forums have lots of On30 guys
freerails............2guyz..........All model Railroading etc.

On30 is simply a Funner Scale!!!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts