Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently transfered my tracks to plywood from carpet.i cleaned each piece thoroughly and sanded each joint and mating surfaces as to create smooth transistions and true surfaces.days later after all that i only notice minimal improvement with the tickity-ticks still going on at each joint.visually and by touch all joints look great.what other ways can i improve the track conditions here in conyers, GA.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Clickety-Clack

With sectional track, you'll always get the clickety-clack sound. All you can do is check the track for any rails sticking up at the joints (with Tomy track, especially, with those 's' rails at the joints. Just push them down.) For the cars, make sure the pick-up shoes aren't hitting the rails on the front tips. This will cause more click-clack, and can make a car hop out of the slot.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The Tomy track is about the best snap together track you can get, but that's not saying much. None of the current snap together track is very good quality. It's just barely adequate. I've been building a new 4-lane Tomy track and it's frustrating to have to deal with straight sections that aren't straight and curves that don't properly nest inside their neighbors or don't have the correct turn angle. The set makers have taken so much cost out of their products and have resorted to using the lowest bidder of the low cost manufacturing facilities that can't even meet 1960s quality standards. But unless you want to spend a lot more money for a large format sectional track or a custom routed track you just have to learn to live with it and the clickity clack sound. Mounting your track on a sound deadening material like cork, sound board, sheet foam, or carpeting will make things better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts