Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said, I'd post this one in its street and race version. This one is the TR-6GT variant. The TR-6GT LeMans will be a hopped up version of this one.

·
Registered
799 Posts
WoW! That turned out great, Perfect execution of matching available parts up. Nice detail in color and wheels.
What casting jag did the roof come off of ?

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I can't really say who made the XJS casting. At one time it had opening doors but they were long since gone. All it has on the chassis is "Made In China."

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Awesome job! I can just picture it running through the country side someplace in England, being driven by James Bond. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks folks. DONKEYMUST...I used J&B KWIK on the leading edge of the existing spoiler. As it cured out I shaped it. then I used 400 grit sand paper to smooth it out. Torpedo reported though the spoiler on the rear stopped the lift on the back; the lack of downforce on the front caused it to lighten up at around 165 mph. The front spoiler cured that issue. With the addition of the "Le Mans Package" we're hoping to boost the HP a couple percentage points. I don't think it will break 200 in a running mile but it'll come close.

Dadvball...You got Torpedo ALL bent out of the frame.

..."Who is'a dis 'Bond?' " You'a tryin' to runn'a new driver in on da old'a man? :mad: Get'a small'a age on me; (he's over 100 years old) and'a you want'a to t'row me out'a like an old'a shoe." It took SARGE and me hours to convince him "Bond" was a book and movie character... Still don't think he's whole heartedly convinced. He walked off muttering something about being replaced by a movie star.

I guess we'll get him back right when we let him in on the "LeMans" tests.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts