Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth a visit. I'm sitting about a block away at a conference, might get by there tonight. Anyone go there?

Gerald

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have to see what the boss wants to do tonight, not sure if I have any free time.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
YES YES YES GO.... YOU MUST GO!!!!!! it worth the trip even if ya dont find a WL you will find about 300 Jl's hanging around. Tons of them! Lat time i went i did find a WL.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
You must GO if you've never been there before just to see the sights Its giant !!!!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I live across the river (NJ) and go to TRU everytime I go to NYC; last week, I scored a HW 1966 Batmobile there--even the cashiers were shocked!

*Don't CRUSH 'em....RESTORE 'em!*

-Rick

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh, yes, it's worth it! My family visited TRU Times Square a couple of years ago, and we all had a blast.

For me, it was Johnny Lightning heaven. Peg after peg of JL's--hundreds of them. Nearly every Holiday Lightning for that year was on display and each was 6 deep. I had to behave myself, as it was our first day visiting the Big Apple, and I needed to save room in the suitcase for other NYC souvenirs!

I hope the ferris wheel, T-Rex and the Lego displays are still there for you to see.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Ooooooo Oooooooo OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I see a WL, up there *points to massive wall of Johnnies* the tenth row up, seventh peg from the right, third car from the back!!!!!!!!

*does happy dance in Times Square*

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK finally got there, only place I've seen more diecast is the Warehouse sale and the LC store. Didn't buy anything, nothing I don't have or wanted. The HWs were even more impressive, several racks of those.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Went there a few times but on my second to last trip walked out with 17 wl's and three brand x TH plus others all in all a good morning. But that was about a year ago and have not since been back since my accident.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Sounds like a really cool place. I was up that way a few years back and didn't even think about looking it up, wish I would have now. But I did make it over to the street lined with guitar shops, it was cool to see all of the nice guitars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts