Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Except for the Silver Surfer, I thought I had every Toybiz Marvel Superhero kit. Then the other day, I ran across a third version of Spider-Man that I had never seen before nor is it shown on the back of any other models. I'm wondering if there are any more out there that I do not know about.

I have:
Storm
Thor
Wolverine
Ghost Rider
Thing
Hulk
Beast
Rhino
Captain America
Venom
3 different Spider-Man poses

Any others I may have missed?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
They've just re-combined a couple of pre-existing figures with bases from other Toybiz models. The 3rd Spiderman is just Spider-Man #2 with the Base from the Venom kit. The other 2 recombinations were the Venom figure with Storm base and Rhino with the Hulk base. The only other variation I can think of was that the Thing was packaged in 2 different sized boxes.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Mostly what Iggy said.

I know that there were Level1 and Level2 of basically the same kit. One was snap and the other one glue. The Venom kit had a moon base for the first issue and the Storm base for the second issue. Spidey has 3 different looks to it. I like Spidey on the wall the best out of the 3.

Unless your collecting every variation, I think that you pretty much have it covered.

Any pics?

Good Luck!
MMM

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, guys! That helps a lot. No pics as none of them are built yet.

Okay, so I just need to watch out for a different Rhino and Venom model. I won't go out of my way to get them, but if I find one cheap enough, I'll get it, Just to be a "complete-ist", I guess. Probably find them before I find Silver Surfer though. Doesn't seem to be as available as the others.

I also have 4 or 5 Storm models hoping that I'll be good enough some day to convert them to a couple of DC Superheroes. I read an article once on converting Storm into either Batgirl or Wonder Woman, but I'll be damned if I can remember where I saw it.

Any guesses?

Larry

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, remembered this thread from a little while back and wanted to see the different variants listed. Larry, in case you haven't found this yet, here's the link to the Batgirl conversion from Storm. http://members.fortune_city.com/bucwheat/bg/batgirl.htm - hope this helps!

EDIT: The link won't paste properly, so delete the underscore between "fortune" and "city" after you click.

- David M.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Norm "Kitman" Piatt descibed converting the Toy Biz Storm into Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl in a recent issue of Modeler's Resource -- I belive it was two issues ago (No. 55) but it might have been one issue ago (No. 56). Could even have been issue No. 54. I don't have it available to me at the moment, but I'll check if I get a chance. Norm pitted the three DC women against a converted MPC Hulk.

I don't see any of these three listed under "back issues" at the MR Web site, but you could probably contact Fred DeRuvo to ask about it. Or, heck, if Fred's still moderating this board, maybe he'll log in and tell you himself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts