Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ToyBiz "Captian America" progress (update photos)

Here is a couple of photos of my CA in progress. I think I am going to reposition the figuers so that the captian is facing front. It will block more of the base detail but when viewed from a angle (as in photo # 1) you still see much of the base. I also added some sheet styrene to the rear of the upright pieces on the base, it gives it a more finnished look. Well i'm off to prime the pieces. :wave:

:dude:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Didn't Cap always wear his shield on the LEFT arm? I moved it to that arm on my now-destroyed copy of the kit. (Darn moving accidents!)

He was giving the Skull a face full of Adamantium! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had this kit waiting in the wings for some time.

IMHO it was the best kit Toy Biz ever did.

Impressive work Dave. Keep us updated Drag. I need ideas to steal when I start mine. :rolleyes:

Seeing this kit which reminds me of the old comics, I have to say the Red Skull was the baddest bad guy of all.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
By the way, the links I posted are to another guy's site. Its not my model shown there! Although I use the site frequently as a reference and source of tips.

Huzz

·
Registered
311 Posts
Man, it would be nice if PL would put out a line of DC comic character model kits like Toybiz did for Marvel. Mr. Metzer? Please?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Very nice work, Drag! This is one of my favorite of the ToyBiz line, though, I'd have to say I like them all! Keep us posted on the progress!

Wayne

·
Registered
564 Posts
I really enjoy seeing works in progress. Being less experienced than many who post here it helps to see how others approach building a kit.

I'm affraid I haven't touched a kit in 6 weeks and this one's in the pile. But as the great philosopher Jimmy Buffett said, "Feelin' tired, then I got inspired."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts