Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a new show coming in mid August. I'm sure we will see some diecast addicts. It should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
man too many good shows are premeiring on 8/14 collection intervention and counting cars are both ones i want to watch but will never be able to unless there are reruns...wife hogs the tv and im forced to licen to bad girls club or any of the reality shows that are nothing but arguing and bickering....do they make smaller then 19" LCD tv's LOL

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
There's one on the travel channel in a few months, toy collector, or something.
"Toy Hunters" - I had to google because I was thinking I already seen the show, but they are making a new series I guess because the one special was popular enough.

I googled the one the OP is talking about, it seems to be called "Toy Traveler"

"Collection Intervention" is another new SyFy show it seems.

It looks like I will have to be breaking out the pen and paper to strategize what to tape come this fall :cool:

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Serious ? I will be glad to see it... I wrote a letter to ABC a few years back about a toy show for TV... I mentioned antique toys and rare toys... What gave me the idea was, I knew an older antique toy collecter and sales man who traveled around the U.S to shows and auctions... I had him looking for a toy play set I had when I was a boy... He found one and called me long distance and ask me if I wanted him to bid on it... I said yes until I found the opening bid was $2,500.00... This was the play set :
FIREBALL XL5... Anyone remember it ?

Of course, I couldn't EVEN come close to the opening bid so I had to settle for the newly released DVD set of the old episodes for 50 bucks...

There are several old toys and play sets I am still looking for, Thimball City, Motorific Torture Track, Barney's Auto Factory, Supercar, and a few more... But I did write that letter a few years ago, not that this new show was from my letter, bur I have wanted to see something like this for many years !!!

Thimball City:

Barney's Auto Factory:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts