Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1554 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here we go again

Darn it! Tracks been repaved but the weather hasnt been condusive to the work required to open it back up. Got my car ready to go but nowhere to take it. Dilema? Track's supposed to open on the 17th but the rug races on the 18th. Oh my its been years since I had to make a decision like this. Life in Jacksonville is good again.

We can run offroad, Onroad and big and small ovals weekly and we can run carpet both road and oval monthly. Guys and gals we got it good right now. I just hope that all the people that are going to be getting involved in all the racing that will be happening around here will be able to get along. I dont expect alot of love but atleast a little compatibility of personalities and persona's would go a long way towards everything being more enjoyable. Whatcha think about that?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
huh?

Did I actually say all that stuff in the post above. Well since the tracks been running quite a bit since then it should be no suprise that the records in all the classes that are regularly run there have been obliterated. Anyone within driving distance of Jacksonville fl. Should make an attempt at showing up on one the friday night or sunday afternoon races. $15 entry and nothing for your money(yet) but two qualifiers and a main race. It's a real good time. Roar membership is required.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Yikes

Hey Don your going to turn right? The tc3 is a fun car but it seems to be a little fragile at hw, for me anyway. Broke mine again tonight in the first qualifier on the same pipe. I hate pvc! Dave P, Bear, Dave Rook, Earl B, Brad Jessie and almost everyone else have their cars working really well. Bear has some of those new wheel nuts made out of nonfalloffonem (pronounced Non fall off on him)coming so he'll be hard to beat soon. Carpet will be fun and radio time is good no matter what you're driving. Just as in oval, there is a ton of traction for the tc's on the rug so run really hard foams cut real short. Dave P. set me up with some plaid fronts and purple rears. And yes hw has those in stock.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Info

Hey Don I know you've talked about it before but what prompted the tc purchase and was it new or used? There is some talk of changing the layout at hw to an even more technical and less straightways layout to reduce some of the speed and tighten up the field. My ever dwindling parts supply would love that. I rebuilt the frontend lastnight so once again the tc3 is ready for some more breakage err :mad: , Racing.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
David,
i cant pin point the main reason i got a tc3 ,, i think its i need a change and a different type of challange. i still love my oval cars ,, just goin to play with something different and road course is one of them,, i also think me and dave pull talking alot has also influanced me into trying it ,, i bought a use tc3 for a good price, the only thing its got no tires or pins in the front axle,, the body i got with it dont even mount up but i took the dremel and open up dons body shop last night i remove the swiss cheese back window and took some custom works lexan and made another back window and shoe goo it back into the car body ,,, now i can put the hole to mount the body and fixed a crack on the front fender ,,, that was broken when the guy i bought it from broke the arm and said no more for him,, so one mans trash is another man treasure. i fixed the front back ,, clean the gear cases and bearings and zubie lube them put new spur on and a few other things,, boy does it bring back memories of the dirt days with all the transmission stuff and bolts and the four independent shocks,, i have kinda got a little excited about running it when i do get to , hope i can turn right as good as i do left. i tell you what dave pull has been a big help on me getting up to speed on the tc stuff,, spool i was like whats that,, i have been reading alot of tc stuff on here and another site,, man they are tons of things you can change and do to this cars and also the prices are little better on hop up and parts stuff from what i have seen so far,, i just want to improve my driving abilitys and this should he me do that and make alot more new friends to go along with the great ones i already have and a chance to have more fun in a different way.. its funny i have had a tc3 in the past and never ran it , i sold it off to get oval parts ,, now look what i doning..lol. i guess they is a time and reason for everything..

BIGDON

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Me too

Yep the main reason I bought mine when getting back into this mess was because of the four wheel independant suspension and the all wheel drive. They are a blast and the rubber tires last a little while on asphalt and the foamies wear ok on the carpet. You know you can make the axle pins out of .063 wire like you use for your wings. The diference will be the pins will fall out when ever you pull the drive hexes off. But hey a piece of wire at the local hobby shop is like 50 cents and you can make about a hundred pins outta one piece. You could start BigDons axle pin sales on the internet. :wave: Also there are some dirt oval late model bodies made just for these things if the road course stuff isnt up to your liking. :eek:

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
motor rules any roar legal stock motor ask Rook before you buy it tires are rubber only and battery is any roar legal one.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hmmm?

Bryan, Dave should have clarified that it was a 6 cell battery pack and any roar legal 27 turn motor for stock class and any Chameleon two style 19 turn motor in the 19t class. Were You guys out at the track last friday night. Ifso I recognized Matt who is the rcst prez right. If i'm right it's good to have some more car club crossovers showing up. And if you know those guys you will also know Mitch Yorkovitch and he and I go way back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm usually so busy trying to put my oval track car back together after a run that I can't watch the touring cars run. Didn't they only run one class last Friday? If so, was it Stock or 19t?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Eeks!

Friday night it was 19t but there have been two classes in the past. Just some of the racers havent shown up since the holidays started. Now that they're all done maybe we can get to some real racing now. Which oval car was yours fri night?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
David Butts said:
Bryan, Dave should have clarified that it was a 6 cell battery pack and any roar legal 27 turn motor for stock class and any Chameleon two style 19 turn motor in the 19t class. Were You guys out at the track last friday night. Ifso I recognized Matt who is the rcst prez right. If i'm right it's good to have some more car club crossovers showing up. And if you know those guys you will also know Mitch Yorkovitch and he and I go way back.

That was me with Matt Friday night. Chris Garland was there too...he used to race Oval with you guys in Arlington I think. I have been trying to talk Matt into getting a car for awhile and he finally got bit by the bug :tongue:
I bought a TC3 a couple of weeks ago and he just ordered his yesterday so we will be out there soon. I was out this past Saturday for practice and am going out this weekend. We have an RCST meeting Friday night but will be at HW afterwards to watch you guys again. Yea Mitch is one that rekindled my interest in it awhile back. I always wanted a car when I would go watch at Arlington, then gradually forgot about them...then I bought a nitro TC last year then a XXX-NT earlier in the year. Now I am planning on sticking to electric TC and nitro off road for a long time....then again oval looks pretty fun too lol.

Matt, Chris, his brother Dave, and I will be out there soon with you all though.

--Eugene Godwin

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
new 92

I had a long break from racing . But I am ready to go again . 12 stright years of racing on and off wares on you. Need a break now and then..lol

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I know the feeling

Shumacher 99 said:
I had a long break from racing . But I am ready to go again . 12 stright years of racing on and off wares on you. Need a break now and then..lol
Yep. I bought my first electric rc car in 1979. Raced slotcars from about the time I wore diapers too so I know all about the burnout syndrome. I'm enjoying myself more this time around because it's not my job anymore. Glad to have all you guys showing up at the track.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Me too. It is going to be alot of fun this go around. There are alot of new products to learn about. That was always fun for me . tring out new motors and tires stuff like that. Went to the track the other day knocked off a little rust on my driving skills. was getting in the the turns good but not getting out all that great. Had a small push that I haven't worked out of the car yet.(tuning is fun too) Hope to see ya up there. should be race ready in a week or two. Still waitng on my batteries and new charger. Tower Hobbies takes 4-ever!!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Uh huh

bigdon18 said:
dave,,
ant it funny ,, these cars come with swaybars now days,,, back when we ran dirt you made your own.

BIGDON
I still do too. There are a couple of aftermarket bars available but wire is cheap and I aint afraid to bend it. I just bent up a couple of .078 ones for Dave P. and I.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ooh la la

Going to be a great day for racing at the old track today. Even if y'all arent ready to race you should try to stop by. Dont be afraid to ask questions.

21 - 40 of 1554 Posts