Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we just got started in the indoor season but has the tour decided if it will be having a outdoor series? If so let me know, would love to have a Tour Race at our Concrete Track next year as long as it works in with our scheduling.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Route 281 track is bad ass! Had a great time racing there twice last year! If Tour has a summer program I high recommend Route 281 on the schedule!!!

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I have had several tracks contact me about a outdoor season. If there is enought intrest, I will try and put one together.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
IMHO -- with the widespread success and acceptance of the indoor TOUR pcakage. I can only think that it would be great for the electric racers to have the benefit of the same rules Nationwide.

I also think that the persons invovled in helping you formulate the rules, like you guys did for carpet, would be the guys on the front lines of the paved oval racing scene.

Donnie of Carolina R/C Complex.

Sean of Rt 281 Speedway.

The guys at the Grove in Rock Hill, S.C.

The guys at the Tri-Clone.

There may be others and I am not intentionally leaving anyone out, these are the guys that come to mind.

·
Registered
598 Posts
An outdoor TOUR season would be really awesome! Allan, I hope you can put something together and make it happen.

·
Registered
587 Posts
We tried to propose the TOUR package last season here at the Grove and it wasn't very well received at that time. That being said, oval racing had a terrible turn out this past season with hardly any Friday night runs and very limited Saturday oval turnout. So something needs to be done.

Our problem is that the regular racers like the breakout format and the traveling racers like the open format. Hard to change those set in their ways.

I would love to see TOUR adopted here, especially the truck, 17.5, and 13.5 classes. We tried 13.5 for a short while but it got boring with only 3-4 of us at any given time on the track. If anyone has any suggestions on how to kick start oval again at the Grove, I'm all ears!

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
We have a 600' asphalt oval at our new facility in Indy.We would be more than happy to host a TOUR race...both indoor & outdoors.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
We tried to propose the TOUR package last season here at the Grove and it wasn't very well received at that time. That being said, oval racing had a terrible turn out this past season with hardly any Friday night runs and very limited Saturday oval turnout. So something needs to be done.

Our problem is that the regular racers like the breakout format and the traveling racers like the open format. Hard to change those set in their ways.

I would love to see TOUR adopted here, especially the truck, 17.5, and 13.5 classes. We tried 13.5 for a short while but it got boring with only 3-4 of us at any given time on the track. If anyone has any suggestions on how to kick start oval again at the Grove, I'm all ears!
We have been running 13.5 COT at easley under Tour rules, come join us some weekend.

nick

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I am still working on the Summer Season, just trying to get through all the crazyness of the esc right now.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Track 281, Triclone, Storm steel in Iowa would be great for the tour series. Hope that something is put together.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can't speak for Glenn @ Rosewood, but I know he built a great banked asphalt oval last year and I am sure he wants to increase the number of outdoor racers and races next year.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
we are working on the classes for outside racing now. I will have some info up soon. Just want to work out some details first.

·
Registered
598 Posts
we are working on the classes for outside racing now. I will have some info up soon. Just want to work out some details first.
I'm sure that Donnie at Carolina RC in Easley, SC would be down for some outdoor TOUR action! We just got the 13.5/COT class going there and the 10.5/1c will kick back up after the first of the year.

Would love to see Carolina RC as part of the TOUR outdoor season!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts