Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go find your $10,000 dream car. Find a car that has sold or has a current ad in Hemmings, auto trader, ebay etc. With all the cars that are selling for $100,000+ at Barrett Jackson it is fun to see there are still fun cars for under $10,000

Here is one I like.

1996 Mystic SVT Cobra. Limited edition with color change paint from factory. Miles: 131000 with a 5 spd. Sold for $6700

·
Registered
405 Posts
Unfortunately the days of a 'solid' $10K Muscle cars are long gone for me. If you buy a piece of early American Muscle you'd probabley need to put in another $20K to make it sweet. Better off spending the $20K for an existing sweet ride. As far a cars that go zoom zoom zoom fast there's tons of them out there like 5.0 Mustangs, LS motor Camaros.... but these are NOT true Muscle cars. Well..okay...that's open for debate ;)

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Roy has a good point. You be better off buying something that is all ready decent especially if the parts that are bad are difficult to replace. Even something as simple as sun visors can cost you a lot. I need a pair of tan ones for my Saleen. A guy on one of the Saleen/Mustang websites paid over $200.00 for a set.
That being said a couple of years ago I saw a nice Cyclone Spoiler for sale for $10,000. I would have jumped all over that if I would have had the extra money at the time.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some good ones so far.

I never said you could get a Hemi Cuda for $10,000, but there are LOTS of fun cars out there in this price range. Something you could go to the local show and shine and not worry to park at work or the grocery store.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
You can definately score a solid car for $10k. Especially at no reserve auctions - even at Barrett-Jackson, they had cars sell way below what they expected. Now, if I only had $10k...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts