Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That display of the top & side of the enterprise - to the side of the turbolift alcove, is it just a plain image with no detail or does it show the outline of the bridge section etc?

I've seen fan made versions with black gridlines on the top of the saucer etc so I thought I'd ask.

I haven't got any episodes to check it against and I'm not having much luck finding a good ref shot on the net.

BTW, does anyone know where I can pick up a set of those ToS bridge prints that shows the bridge displays? What were they...McMasters or something?

Many thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a set of the McMaster revised Bridge blueprints. The set includes 10 17" x 22" blueprints of the bridge. I got them off of Ebay last year for less than £10 which was a good price. With the strength of the current pound, it's worth a bid. Also got the Galileo shuttle blueprints and the Milennium Falcon blueprints at a steal as well.

I just chexked the blueprints - the only reference that is made to what you ask is identified as "ships layout chart" but doesn't show any detail on the blueprint - just an inked-in rectangle.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The Captain's Chair CD has some lines on the ship to differentiate different sections, most likely turbolift tube routing.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The graphic you refer to is actually quite crude. We seldom get a good look at it, and for good reason.

It is actually a drawing of the design of the ship that was on the drawing board when the bridge set was being built. The sets were completed before the final refinements were made to the design of the exterior of the ship (and before even the 3-footer was built).

What you see in the image is a ship roughly 500 feet long. The deck structure is plainly visible in the side view and at that time corresponded to "one deck per hump" in the primary hull. What is later considered decks 2 & 3 is depicted as only one deck. The shape of the deck is even different: round, not tear drop shaped. The rim of the saucer has only one deck's thickness at that scale.

Other differences: there is no deflector dish, the engine nacelles are much shorter and they taper more severely.

BTW, nearly the same 2-view drawing is featured on another bridge readout that appeared at one of the stations to the right of the turbolift. This was later removed from the set and used for a closeup of a desktop viewer for "Day of the Dove." You can get a good look at that version in that episode.

Hope that helps.

Mark

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks guy's!

I'm keeping a lookout for the prints on eBay but no luck yet.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found a close up of the bridge alcove display - I've never noticed the deck by deck elements before! I've seen the other - multi-coloured control panel display seen elsewhere on the bridge that shows the cutaway - I always assumed the red/black display was just a detailess outline.

Hmmm, interesting.

Mike

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yup. I got home and found it. (A whole page dedicated to it.)There's also a picture with renditions of all of the bridge graphics in the computer assisting model forum here on hobbytalk, "ultimate bridge" thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts