Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months back when I was thinking of building my George Washington sub project, I started searching the internet looking for replacement torpedos in the 1/200 scale and found nothing. Last resort I contacted Revell to try and get a small pack if they had them " I had gotten replacement propellers for my B-17." So placed an order, and waited, and waited nothing, no bill nothing. I figured my message got lost so almost a month goes by I re-sent the request. This time I get 10 torpedos and surprise no charge. Today a month and a half later I get a second box of torpedos and again no charge. Again thanks Revell!

But thanks to Revell for supplying the needed parts, of course I purchased another sub kit and got all the torpedos I needed during the wait, because I didn't know they were coming. So anybody need a coupe of spare torpedos for their sub?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Years ago when my son was a young child (probably around 8 yrs old IIRC), he wrote to Revell asking if they could produce an Iguanadon model kit. (He's a fantastic dino modeller and now collects the Shane Foulkes resin kits).
A couple of months later he recieved a reply from them thanking him for his idea and graciously stating that although they thought it was a fine idea they couldn't do it at the time but they'd keep his suggestion on file. They also included a great little set of modelling tools in a special Revell presentation box as a gift.
That, to me, says a lot for a big manufacturer who is willing to encourage a child to enjoy his hobby.
Good on ya Revell!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts