Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Toro Personnel Pace lawnmower with 6 hp engine. The model number is 20023. Today after I mowed the first half of my yard it took several pulls to restart (usually it starts on the first pull). Then when I got done mowing I noticed gas leaking out the area where the air filter is attached. Took the air filter off and gas was pouring out the air intake. Any ideas as to what the cause of this is? How would I go about fixing it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a similar problem with my toro.It was leaking gas into the intake area and was also draining into the crankcase.Check the oil! Ifixed mine with a new needle and seat.good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. How difficult is it to replace the needle and seat, and exactly what is involved in doing it. Was your oil contaminated with gas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
the needle and seat was easy. mine had a rubber seat if i remember right.And yes the gas would leak into the oil. Take the carb off and remove the bowl,there you should find the needle and seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the help. I will get to work on it when I can get the parts from the local dealer tomorrow. I will also change the oil. Appreciate the heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts