Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this at a toy show today because it was in very good condition,, (paid 10.00)
can anyone give me any info on it's value?
and what is that thingy on the base that slids on and off?? and does the white nose cone come off? i dont want to break it..

thanks for any info
please e-mail me @ [email protected]
or p.m. me with info on this...

·
Registered
451 Posts
outamyway said:
bought this at a toy show today because it was in very good condition,, (paid 10.00)
can anyone give me any info on it's value?
and what is that thingy on the base that slids on and off?? and does the white nose cone come off? i dont want to break it..

thanks for any info
please e-mail me @ [email protected]
or p.m. me with info on this...
The white thing on the front does come off, but if it is on there tight don't mess with it...it will just be easier to lose. The thing on the bottom that slides on and off is for use with the Topper track sets that use the metal hooks to shoot the cars around the track. As far as value goes...I don't have any idea, but orange toppers are cool.:dude:

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
the Flying Needle is one of the "Jet Power" cars.... these don't seem to be very desired when it comes to Toppers, for some reason... think there were like 5 or 6 of these (?).. u talked of sumthin on the bottom that slides out? maybe u mean at the back there is a little hole and a plug? that is where the air comes out after u pump it up, hence the name Jet Power... below is a pic of the compressor u use to pump them up. (there is a Monster jet power car shown in it,, which the whole thing is for sale, by the way..also have the orig. box for it)
last note, according to the Tomarts guide, the Flying Needle is the highest value Jet Power car, looks to me, listed at over $100.00 loose, if it was mint.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
topper

thanks very much for the info fellas.. this board is very helpful! :)
i will be looking to sell this if you know of anyone who collects these? i didnt relize it wasnt a true old topper. i suppose i had no business messing with toppers as i dont know anything about them, guess i better stick to the w/l's! lol

thanks again for the help guys
jamie

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yes, Topper JL's were only made from '69 - '71 so any of those cars are considered "OLD". The Jet Power cars were '70 releases...the biggest year for Topper...

If you want a list of all JL products sold by Topper and year produced, you can use this as a guide....I was putting it together to link to my collection but have fallen WAY behind getting it completed....(only 3 years late so far haha)

http://hyak.net/johnny/collection.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts