Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is everyone running these with the kit setup. I'm thinking about getting one, I just don't want to get blind sided by anything. I'll eather run 17.5 truck or pro stock. How do these compair to the lithium as that is what I curantly have.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had the car about a month now and mines pretty dialed everywhere I've been, If you shoot me you email I'll send you the setup I run at home and what I ran at Ovalmasters.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Justin,

Can you post it on the thread. i would like to see it as well to compare against mine. My car was pretty dialed at a 2 day we had in Colorado a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Justin,

Can you post it on the thread. i would like to see it as well to compare against mine. My car was pretty dialed at a 2 day we had in Colorado a few weeks ago.
First is what I ran at Ovalmasters, seconds is what I run at Home (rosewood) and is really close to stock,just minor tweaks.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1iRklKQy5f5NjVjZTQ1N2MtMWJlZi00ZmMzLWI4MjgtMjJhNzAyMjhkMzVm

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1iRklKQy5f5YjdkOGRjYzQtM2M1Ni00ZTA1LTliMGMtNjY0NTA2YzVhODYw

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Is everyone running these with the kit setup. I'm thinking about getting one, I just don't want to get blind sided by anything. I'll eather run 17.5 truck or pro stock. How do these compair to the lithium as that is what I curantly have.
It is so much faster in the corners.My driver in truck lapped the hole filled by 2 or more laps the first time out.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Thanks Scott for your help on the Top parts. There is some good support here behind these cars and the parts for them.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Also the car comes with long kingpins and the spring bucket to use big front springs. I used KSG Blacks (wolfe reds will work) and wolfe opaque sides 11# and wolfe yellow center 9#. Made the car really easy to drive. Think this will be a goto setup for bumpy tracks even though I liked how it felt on smooth also. I'll post a setup sheet later this week.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Couple of questions. Does this car use metric or the normal sae bearings? Also will an associated front end work if I don't have top parts with me and how big of a spur gear will the pod accomodate? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
The car uses normal bearings, the Associated front end won't work. Its tough to say exactly how big of a spur you can run without knowing what tire size and rollout your aiming for. I can tell you with a 80 tooth spur you can get a range of 3.6-4.5 rollout with a 2.10' tire.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I would think so ,the steering blocks are not diff. but to be sure I will pull a new set out of a box to check and let you know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The car uses normal bearings, the Associated front end won't work. Its tough to say exactly how big of a spur you can run without knowing what tire size and rollout your aiming for. I can tell you with a 80 tooth spur you can get a range of 3.6-4.5 rollout with a 2.10' tire.
Should've been more specific,I'm going to be doing some cap tire racing with it and i like to run spurs in the 105/110 range

41 - 60 of 516 Posts