461 - 480 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Top racing wins at the national

The top car takes 1,2 at the cap tire nationals in the 17.5 NASCAR and TQ
Had the outside poll in the 13.5 NASCAR class
Well done to Russ and Nate for a 1 2 finish and to AJ for 2 outside polls in 17.5 and 13.5 classes.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Thanks to Mike at Top racing for all the support this year, sorry you weren't able to come out and race with us, your car was really fast.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have a fleet of TOP cars ready to hit the high banks at http://barretownrc.net

2nd place COT the first week on the new track.

1st place COT a couple weeks later on the new track.
Gotta say Chuck had them working for it this past weekend in our 13.5 blinky class. He laid down the fast lap of the weekend and q3 in this class. If it weren't for a mid race mishap the results would have been very impressive, against a stacked field of blue cars. Two of which went 1-2 in 17.5 open at last years CRC NYD! Way to go Chuck. Easily the toughest competitor in the northeast running exclusively TOP!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Gotta say Chuck had them working for it this past weekend in our 13.5 blinky class. He laid down the fast lap of the weekend and q3 in this class. If it weren't for a mid race mishap the results would have been very impressive, against a stacked field of blue cars. Two of which went 1-2 in 17.5 open at last years CRC NYD! Way to go Chuck. Easily the toughest competitor in the northeast running exclusively TOP!:thumbsup:
and a fun spirited easy going generous guy to boot!

·
Registered
238 Posts
A nice race weekend at riverside rc in saint johnsbury Vermont. Good to see frank and chuck again. Congrats chuck on your run this weekend in 13.5 pro (2 and in the a) wasn't your best run in cot but running three classes means something is bound not to be a top performer.

I had a good 21.5 truck till frank (ron drove) figured out his speed control. But I'll take a third in the a for this being the first run in saint jay with the top 21.5 truck. the 13.5 pro was off just enough that I decided to pull over and watch the three way battle for the lead.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
A nice race weekend at riverside rc in saint johnsbury Vermont. Good to see frank and chuck again. Congrats chuck on your run this weekend in 13.5 pro (2 and in the a) wasn't your best run in cot but running three classes means something is bound not to be a top performer.

I had a good 21.5 truck till frank (ron drove) figured out his speed control. But I'll take a third in the a for this being the first run in saint jay with the top 21.5 truck. the 13.5 pro was off just enough that I decided to pull over and watch the three way battle for the lead.
Your cars (and Truck) looked really good this weekend! Just gotta work on staying on the bottom. If you miss the line the slightest the bumps move you up a groove into no-mans land. I wish I raced there more often so I could get a better handle on the track. I was able to pick up a tenth a lap with the COT car but ran out of heats to make it faster. The Pro car was fast but it didn't like the bumps. :thumbsup:

Ron's first time with a Top car (my Brother's) in the truck class and he pulled off a second place! Great job Ron!

461 - 480 of 516 Posts