Hobbyist Forums banner

421 - 440 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
The best way to find out the closes match for compounds with the BSR's vs. your current setup is to try to borrow a durometer and compare your tires with what other guys are running for tires in the BSR variety. Greys in BSR tend to be too soft for a RF tire generally.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The new rc4less foam is the same as bar foam. Like chuck said white of black rf white or pearl lr and white or white/grey rr. What class are you running and what tire traction?
I reread the post and you are running 17.5 open stick with pearls on the left and may try a pearl/white rr. This is if track doesn't have a ton of traction.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
The new rc4less foam is the same as bar foam. Like chuck said white of black rf white or pearl lr and white or white/grey rr. What class are you running and what tire traction?
I reread the post and you are running 17.5 open stick with pearls on the left and may try a pearl/white rr. This is if track doesn't have a ton of traction.
I run pw left frt
black rft
Pearl w left r
And white or pearl w/w rr
One track has high grip so i the white is go and if it's low the pww

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ran pearl white rears, black RF, and white lf and car was ok, just still seemed off, using paragon ground effects is the compound of choice on a hook and loop carpet. Car just seems to dart and will not glide in the front. Maybe spring change or is there another tuning tip? Thanks to all for the advise, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Ran pearl white rears, black RF, and white lf and car was ok, just still seemed off, using paragon ground effects is the compound of choice on a hook and loop carpet. Car just seems to dart and will not glide in the front. Maybe spring change or is there another tuning tip? Thanks to all for the advise, I really appreciate it!
Are you running the kit as it came in the box?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not totally, I have used a setup in earlier post as kind of a guide, 16 lb center spring, red right, gold left, 35 wt oil in all three shocks,stock front springs, right front narrow, left set out wide, can't think of anything else that could be helpful, but thanks for the responses

·
Registered
241 Posts
That tire combo was info given to me by people who run there all the time, I would trust Dave, unless he's behind you, I may have to bring back the" Kyle Busch" in me��

·
Registered
474 Posts
Info

I was given the same INFO last year,I have since figured out as you know that not all the info given is used,When you figure out that you need to get that car out of the carpet,and try things on your own youll save time and money.Going to other tracks and bigger races helps too OH and a big box of BSR tires,:rolleyes: see you tommorrow night

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you Scott and TOP Racing USA for the continued support. 1st Place in the 13.5 Pro class at the Riverside R/C Winter Bash. 2nd in Nastruck and 5th in COT.

There was a writer from the local paper there that did an interview with me and took pictures of me and my cars. Once it is in print I'll post it.

Joe Quickski had a great run with his new TOP car in Nastruck first time out with it and his first time at Riverside R/C. Congratulations Joe!:thumbsup:

Also wanted to congratulate another TOP racer, Jamie Lamont, on his personal best run this weekend in the 13.5 Pro class. With a few slight tweaks we helped him get a little faster. He has a little bit of work to do at home. After that I expect another personal best run from him.
Thanks chuck without your guidance i would always be in the lower bracket.car certainly was sick fast in the main. See you at the next big one.:thumbsup::freak:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Working together

Thanks chuck without your guidance i would always be in the lower bracket.car certainly was sick fast in the main. See you at the next big one.:thumbsup::freak:
I like the way this tread is going with drivers helping drivers we all can be the fastest cars on the track.I well be going the the BRL Nationals in Cinny Ohio.in march.I hope to see some of you and meet you .If you need anything please let me know.I well be running the BSR Cap Tire Championship Series again in Iowa.With the Cap Tire Nationals Aug 30,31,Sept.1
Go TOP Racing and I hope all of you the best.
Thanks Scott

421 - 440 of 516 Posts