Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
They are very similar to Hot Bodies shocks..Just got mine done too!
Very nice building car. everything is free w/o slop. the only sanding I did was a caster shim and diff rings. The plastic on the car is a little harder than Factory Team Associated Off Road Arm material, but doesn't seem brittle. TOP has the tightest front-end I've ever built but still free. Unlike the R5 front ends the arms do not flex when the suspension is cycled. The car comes up about 2.25 oz light and there is plenty of room for all your electronics. Get rid of all those Associated/IRS ride height adjusters, these are offset so can be used right side up or down and just use metric shims if needed but I did not need any shims with 2.10 tires. The material for the axle carrier assembly is the same hard plastic so it's easily reamed for a really great bearing fit. The kit is very complete as far a setup goes. Justin Lessard just had a great run with his at Rosewood with a completely stock setup, springs and all. The side and center springs feel close to an associated Blue I guess though they are TOP. Comes with .018" springs for the front. I was pleased with all the metric hardware, because of the finer threads everything tightens down tighter than say an SAE car where you nearly strip the heads trying to torque things down. I think I only used a 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0mm wrench for the entire assembly so I just used my trusty Losi allen driver tool though TOP makes very nice tools as well. The pod and link assembly has no slop and has adjustable ball cups. Very hard to beat this kind of quality in a $299.99 street priced package! Really enjoyed building this car and can't wait to get it on the track! :thumbsup:
www.top-racing.jp

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
just looking quick at it, looks to be about a 1.17" from the diff ring to the wheel mount. LR is tight to the pod. With the LR against the pod the wheels are the full width of the body 7 7/8" with 2 mm shims on RR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Car is very good out of the box. Received my car last Friday, raced once last week and then a 2 day this last weekend and was competitive with the top drivers at our track, E-Team Hobbyplex. Was 6th qualifier out of 24. Monti P. was present and of course taught everyone a lesson. You don't know how far off you are until you race a pro.

I did find the kit front and center spring to be a bit stiff. Went to softer and the car really came around. This may be because our track is a bit bumpy though.

Car uses the same front end, shock, links, pivot ball assembly as the TOP WGT and 12th scale (aside from king pins, and steering blocks) so parts should not be a problem. You can also buy the car and parts direct from TOP USA. The only thing extra i would suggest other than springs when buying the kit would be front ride height spacers, they will be needed. Shims, .5, 1, 2mm, would be a good idea as well.

Have fun those that buy one, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The shocks are top shock and are the nices I've ran.I have them on my hyperdrive pro 4.I will have a top car going this weekend.I have a the spacers coming so they are in stock as will.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Question for the top guys. Are the motor plates the same screw pattern as the lithium? Wouldn't mind upgrading the rear pod on my older lithium.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
djcyder, I don't know about the pod plates yet, give me some measurements and I'll check

Btw, Just getting back from Ovalmasters and my first run on the new car. The car was very solid right away. Got a very efficient setup would run everybody down at the end of my quals but pretty much got out motored the whole weekend. Luckily I know a guy....:thumbsup:

Justin Lessard made it into the B main about 3 seconds off TQ. Myself, ended up in the D! which I won! Qualified just four seconds off TQ, lol. Amazing how close the stock class is now days.

Got a couple descent setups we'll post here soon, next race for Justin and I is Tour Regionals at Rosewood, NC Dec. 5th.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
djcyder, look at lefthander cefx12312 that looks to be what ur looking for. The Rebel 10SS is a monoball car and also has a better redesigned axle carrier assembly that's different from the old associated style ride height adjusters. Hope this helps. take a look at the car on TOP's site top-racing.jp the new car is the Rebel 10SS to see the new design. There are a lot of slick details on the new car. Street price of $299 for a complete kit and it's in stock. Parts are cheap too. Front end is best I've built!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Jesse,

I was looking to put just the motor plates from the 10ss so I could use the that rear axle setup on my older Lithium with the ap pod might be fun but it would look pretty cool none the less. Where is the best place to get parts in the US? I'll post up the measurements of the bottom plate tomorrow.

·
Registered
925 Posts
actually I just found this on the top site this looks totally better then the stock setup.

I'm not home tonight but I'm really hoping its close to the stock lithium, if not I'm sure I can make something to work.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
yeah 35.5mm front to rear screw holes...I like the plastic mounts better because you can ream them perfectly for free bearings.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi guy,the new top car ran great for the first time out a Vinton IA.TQ and won the main by 2 laps in the 17.5 truck class.Was running .18 front springs and 11 pound side with a 12 pound center.My driver was very surprized on how nice and fast it was out of the box with very little adj.
Thanks top racing

21 - 40 of 516 Posts