Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I just googled it...that was my first thought was its a Josh car in red...looks nice...not so sure on the rear axel top bearing holder thingy looks to be plastic....but nice looking car.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run for TOP USA for on-road. The pod setup is by far the best I've come across in 12th scale. No more need for axle holders clogging up your pit box. all it takes is 4-3mm shim's to change ride height. the other benefit to the design is it uses none flanged bearings for the rear axle and the Red Alum. tube between the 2 plastic axle holders keeps them in perfect alignment.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Isn't that the car that Josh designed and got screwed on?
I think so, couldnt be anything but a Josh design looks pretty close to a Lithium with links instead of the AP Pod. Whats the price on one of these and what about parts and kits anyone selling any of these? Just curious as to who is backing these kits. You need to be on your game if you think your going to compete with Josh and his cars one of the best at customer service and parts avalibility.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I thought Jeff Patch was selling these cars
Last time i knew Jeff was selling the Nite-Mare chassi that him and Bill Yelton had designed but i havnt herd anything about that chassi in a while iam assuming that the chassi didnt produce on the track as he went to run for McPappy now.

From what i understand the car Jeff designed was based off of this Tops car from Josh. Heres a pic of the Nite-Mare

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attachment.php?attachmentid=131816&d=1303989322

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
the nite-mare performed well on the track, the problem was funding. I didn't have the 35,000 it takes to go out and have complete kits made to start, so I was offering them on as as built basis with a 4 week lead time. needless to say there weren't many takers.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes, this is the car I designed for TOP. Yes, I did get screwed majorly on it. It was designed after the Birds (2s days) and is basically a metric Lithium with links.

I still have to laugh at everyone who always makes these stupid comments that our cars are designed for modified. So that means that a car that works well in the fastest class doesn't work in the slow classes?? Let's think about this... Hmm, yep.. EVERY CAR in the R/C racing market place is designed and tested in Modified - TC classes, yep all testing and development done in Mod. Off-road (any class), yep all done in Mod... On-road 1/12, yep all done in Mod....

Let's think about oval?? KSG, CEFX, HD (especially when Frank was racing at at the front at many races) was all done TESTING MODIFIED or at least the fastest class being run.

I'm sorry to all you "not designed for slow classes" guys out there - This simply means the car you run is not really that good. We can go slow but really, can you go fast??

Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of reading and arguing this comment. I've raced against the "stock" guys who claim their "stock" class car is dialed and have put them laps down with my "mod" car, in stock that just won't work in the slow classes...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Sorry Josh, wasn't trying to start anything. I made an assumption, and that was my fault. Obviously if a car will work in mod it will work in anything else. Of course someone could hand u, or pete, or several others a brick and it would be fast. A car will never replace a good wrench or wheel.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TOP Racing USA order enough parts so that there will be plenty.The car is retailing for 299.99 at rockymountainrccarhobby.com.The parts aren't up yet butare in stock.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yes, this is the car I designed for TOP. Yes, I did get screwed majorly on it. It was designed after the Birds (2s days) and is basically a metric Lithium with links.

I still have to laugh at everyone who always makes these stupid comments that our cars are designed for modified. So that means that a car that works well in the fastest class doesn't work in the slow classes?? Let's think about this... Hmm, yep.. EVERY CAR in the R/C racing market place is designed and tested in Modified - TC classes, yep all testing and development done in Mod. Off-road (any class), yep all done in Mod... On-road 1/12, yep all done in Mod....

Let's think about oval?? KSG, CEFX, HD (especially when Frank was racing at at the front at many races) was all done TESTING MODIFIED or at least the fastest class being run.

I'm sorry to all you "not designed for slow classes" guys out there - This simply means the car you run is not really that good. We can go slow but really, can you go fast??

Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of reading and arguing this comment. I've raced against the "stock" guys who claim their "stock" class car is dialed and have put them laps down with my "mod" car, in stock that just won't work in the slow classes...
Well you did a great job with it and it's fast out of the box! Nice Job!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 516 Posts