Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking of the devil in the Minichamps thread, my Mondo Top Gear cars arrived today via courtesy of Tom over at MCCH.

Couldnt find anything about diecast on Mondo's website. The cars themselves I place quality-wise close to Welly or Real Toys. Cool thing is that they have a little Stig driver inside the cars.

My favorite, the Zonda R

MC12

SLS AMG

SL65 AMG

Revention

Megane Trophy

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hookie,
The cars that show up on your link all appear to be Motormax castings to me. I could not find the Top Gear cars. It is funny though when I was trying to compare what these cars look like Motormax did cross my mind at first.

The cars as you say are not perfect as say a Kyosho. But who else makes a Zonda-R in 1/64 scale? As for myself I collect the good and the bad as long as they are not bigger than a Jada, Siku, Norev or smaller than a MB Cadillac Hearse and I can identify what the car is. If I restricted myself to perfect 1/64 scale cars I would be limited Kyosho, Biante, Minichamp? It would be a prefect but boring collection in my eyes. I love the crude Muky's or Rut Engines as much as the high dollar cars.

You know when I type in just mondmotors.com I keep ending up on another site. Weird. Thanks for the accurate link. Mondo's website is pretty flakey

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw on a thread at MCCH that there were other cars from Mondo prior to the Top Gear series including a GTR with a wing, a Porsche GT3, and a couple of Renaults

1 - 5 of 5 Posts