Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cruisin the channels and the TVLand network is airing the show right now. Kinda interesting. So far we had Rockford, Green Hornet, Starsky & Hutch, Beverly Hillbillies, Ferraris (Magnum, Miami Vice), Flintstones.

Mike

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Actually, the Monkeemobile and Munster's Koach along with the Barris Batmobile are my top 3.

Nobody has done the Raider's Coach in 1/64 yet.

Anyone remember Doctari? I don't know if I spelled it right, but that was a show that I used to watch when I was a kid. If I remember right, it was about a vet in the wilds of Africa. They had a cool looking zebra stripe Jeep pickup.

Barretta was a cool cop show in its day. Remember the Grey Ghost?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Interestingly enough, most of the famous TV cars have been done in 1:18 scale. General Lee, The Monkeymobile, Munsters Dragster, Starsky & Hutch Torino, etc. With K.I.T.T. finally joining the ranks this November! :dude:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't remember the order of numbers 4, 3 and 2 but they were the Munsters coach (and they also showed Grandpa's coffin dragster), KITT and the General Lee. The number one was the Batmobile. Barris was quoted as saying that Ford gave the Futura for one dollar. Heck, I'd pay twice that!

They also talked about how many Chargers got wrecked in taping all those Dukes of Hazzards show.

Mike

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
MissouriMike said:
They also talked about how many Chargers got wrecked in taping all those Dukes of Hazzards show.
Wasn't it something like 200 Chargers were trashed??? I true shame since they were all jumped and the frames ruined... But it was a fun stunt to see over and over!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Have the JL Monkeemobile and one in 1:18. An interesting old GTO. Two were made. The first one needed enough power to pull the wheels. So much so that Mike Nesmith thought it undriveable. So a "slower" one was needed for TV.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i saw a bewitch show once ,cant think what it was about,but sam went to a meeting with several other ladys,the part i remember was when they came out of the building to leave to get in there cars they talked for a min and in the back ground were the whole 1969 chevy ss lineup,camaro chevelle etc.wish i knew what #the show was or something about it so i could be on the look out for it next time,i dont even think it comes on tv anymore,hadent seen it in along time,maybe it will be on dvd.,but there were some great cars on there,all brand new too.i dream of jennie had the pontiacs.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Bewitched (ABC) was sponsored by Chevrolet, I dream of Jeannie (NBC) sponsored by Pontiac.
I have some knowledge/memories of those old shows; The [ABC TV series] FBI's sponsor: Ford Motor Company.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts