Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There still lots of things to do on a gloomy Sunday. After a call fom our friends we went antique searching. This is the time I get to look for treasures such as these. It's even better when the dealer prices them right. Only two dollars each. I do have to apologize to Chris (lpgeoteacher). I found these at the Coachman Antique mall in LaPorte, IN. His backyard. Hey Chris! Thanks!!!.
What's funny is when you find dealers who have loose recent JL's priced at ten dollars each. Ouch.

This Kubelwagen is in great shape and the decal is perfect. I have only seen these in the brown color with white interior and the decal is an eagle. My 3rd Ed. book did not have a pict of this style or decal.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This one is listed in the book as "2210 Special Mission Vehicle" Produced in

1977-78.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Nice finds, I haven't seen that wagon either. Find the Special Mission vehicle with a coke decal and you've got yourself a find!

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GeraldE61 said:
Nice finds, I haven't seen that wagon either. Find the Special Mission vehicle with a coke decal and you've got yourself a find!
Gerald, have you seen this color of Kubelwagen before?. I would like to get some idea on the colors they made. I wonder if they made them in a plethora of colors like the regular tootsietoys.

Thanks.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lpgeoteacher said:
I know that Ive seen it in brown. As a matter of fact I thik I have one somewhere
I do have the brown one as well. That was the only color I've seen it in. That's why I was geeked to see it in blue.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I have never seen it in any color besides brown. I don't think there is any records of what was produced in that era, none of my books like them. I supposed they could be in any of the colors that Tootsietoy was producing back then, which is a lot!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Here is some finds I made a couple weeks back..

I got the Thing at a toy show a month or two ago, it is made by Strombecker. Other than some bumps and bruises it looks good and is in great structural condition. I think I paid $5 for it, but could have been less.

The Tootsietoys I found at a local collectible toy store. He deals in only antique and collectable toys, and yet still has great prices. The Gremlin was $2, the Jeepster was $3, and the Bug was $4. The bug is near mint with very little wear, the other two are very good condition with high point wear, but still display well.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts