Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tony W's Jersey Fest Fair Report...Is FINALLY COMPLETE!

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this thread, but I just completed the final touches on the first part of my report on this year's Jersey Fest Fair.

You can view (all of the gory details) by going here: http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/JerseyFestFair2012-1.html .

(This is probably the quickest report I've ever done). :thumbsup:

(Let's see if I can get the remainder of the report written and posted by next week).

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this thread, but I just completed the final touches on the first part of my report on this year's Jersey Fest Fair.

You can view (all of the gory details) by going here: http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/JerseyFestFair2012-1.html .

(Let's see if I can get the remainder of the report written and posted by next week).

Stay tuned.
Amazing time at Jerseyfest. thanks so much to all the people involved in setting up, and especially the teachers. Steve, Rick, Saul , Jim, and Dave. Ill take a pic when I have a little more time.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Amazing time at Jerseyfest. thanks so much to all the people involved in setting up, and especially the teachers. Steve, Rick, Saul , Jim, and Dave. Ill take a pic when I have a little more time.
Here are the pics of my Curse of The Werewolf bust from class.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wow.
I've got to be there next year. Your reporting brings out what a Fantastic show this is. Have they announced next years dates?

Can hardly wait for the report on Saturday!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks, guys.

("C-WM"), yep. It's September 13th through the 15th, 2013, at the Crowne Plaza Fairfield Hotel in New Jersey.

...I just arrived back home a couple of hours ago, I had been there since 6:45 this morning, its now a bit before 1 am (Sunday), and I am still stoked from Jersey Fest Fair.

Mann! For a first-time show, what a Great Event!

This is the first time I've participated in any of these types of shows as a vendor, and I was pleasantly surprised with how I ended up doing.

Also, Dave was kind enough to hire my eldest son Anthony as 1 of the staff workers, and even though the day was long, Anthony was very happy in the end.

We had a surprise visit from one of the Batmobiles at the show.

I ran into many personal friends of mine at Jersey Fest Fair, many whom I KNOW have never attended this type of show before.

I ended up taking a Bronze for one of my entries in the contest. (Don't know which one, and I still haven't grabbed the award, partially due to my vendor responsibilities).

I ended up scarfing up Jesse's (Resin Pimp's) 2 versions of his Wonder Woman figures (before he once again sold out of them at the show, just like he did at Wonderfest earlier this year).

(What else????) Oh, and I took my usual healthy compliment of pics.

With all of these spoilers of mine here, I need to bundle 'em up, expand a bit on each, clean up my pictures and
weave them all together into my tale of this show.

(I actually expect to have this done in the next couple of days).

Stay tuned....

- Tony

·
Registered
722 Posts
WOW! Those are some awesome pics Cireskul. This looks like it was an amazing show, and clearly, a bunch of major talent attended. Lots of great kits, dioramas, and paintings. I can see that I would have spent a small fortune there. It almost makes me want to move back to Jersey, almost! :p

Thanks for posting all the excellent photo's! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello,

Stay tuned.
Great job on your article, nice pics too! :)

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Kitz' and Cajjunwolfman.

I just completed the report, putting the finishing touches in on it.

(...And unlike my previous show reports postings, this one was done at the speed of light).

I really had a BLAST at this show!

Happy Reading (and Picture Viewing)!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,234 Posts
FYI the two nicely aztecked Star Trek kitbashes that lead off Page 7 are by our own Cireskull.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ohhh. Kewl!

I think I ran into him, briefly, at the beginning of the show,
when he started putting his Star Trek models out...

...and an unfortunate accident occurred. :cry:

- Tony

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes, and I felt terrible for it. The damn table cloth wasnt secured anywhere and the other kit was too close to the edge of the table. Plus the other entry wasnt secured to a base, just balanced in a standing position. Regardless the situation sucked. :freak: Lesson learned.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, and I felt terrible for it. The damn table cloth wasnt secured anywhere and the other kit was too close to the edge of the table. Plus the other entry wasnt secured to a base, just balanced in a standing position. Regardless the situation sucked. :freak: Lesson learned.
Hey Cirskul,

Yeah, you're right.

That "Monster Motorcycle" appeared to just be propped up, on its own, somehow.

In addition, it didn't help that it was situated towards the rear of the table, (where it could fall off).

Also, that very subdued lighting didn't help a whole lot either.

I saw Dave talking to the guy, later on in the show. (I'm not quite sure how things ended up, with that conversation).

When I looked closely at the parts, I saw that they had actually broken along attachment points. Sooo, it would be just a matter of reassembling, and probably going back over, and touching up the paint work in these areas.

It's still very unfortunately, though...(I know that I would not be pleased to discover that one of my model entries had been damaged at a show)...

Different note here: How did your Star Trek models do in the contest?

- Tony

1 - 19 of 19 Posts