Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,New here and with 2 questions.I'm usually on the JL board,but maybe someone can answer 2 unrelated questions.
1) I have an old Tom Hoover Monza with the body stripped to bare metal.I'm trying to make this Jungle Jim's last ride.Decals are on the way.
the color of this car was almost a "CheeseWiz" orange.Is this available in a can.
That's about my speed. I'm not able to custom mix.
Also,does the body need to be primered if its clean?

2)I'm trying to restore a Tonka Fire Truck for a friends 60th B-Day.It's complete in good,played with shape.Are parts available?I'd like to replace the grill and red light,both there but would like to be new.
Thanks,Gary

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Hi Medic, retired firefighter here, welcome !
I'm a figure model guy but I think you'd be well served using primer. And maybe you can find the color in a Monza dealer in touch-up spray cans ??? Or at least close to it at any auto supply store touch-up racks.

Not sure about the Tonka truck though, could be tough to find new. Have you tried the eBait auction ? Or for the grill, check this forum for re-doing it with chrome paints. There is a thread going now about Alclad and other chrome re-paints.
Dabbler

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
a "CheeseWiz" orange.Is this available in a can.

No. Cheeswiz comes in a jar.

There are many colors in automotive touchup spray that might be close, or a paint shop can make a spray bomb using a color you chose.

That Jungle Pam was a major babe, bouncing around in her platform shoes. Racing would stop when she walked by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts