Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in from our weekly "out to eat ,then grocery shopping" night and this week I got lucky . No not any chase cars or anything that great ,but I did manage to get the new "Drivers series 14" cars and I didn't even know they hit the shelves yet. Sorry no pictures , but I'm sure they are on the M2 site. This is got to be one of the best "Mixe's" Ol' Sean has come up with ! Every thing from a '49 Merc in purple , to a '50 Stude Pick up in brite blue, 2 Hemi powered Mopars, a sweet lil' Firebird in white and a '57 Chrysler in an awesome "Green and White Pearl" ! Best color combo on the Chrysler to date.
Also I found the '69 Camaro Z28 (Detroit Muscle) in Orange w/ white stripes . I almost didn't buy this one because the base is broken almost completely in half ! But I looked it over closley and the car seams to be almost perfect (chrome is good, doors straight, stripes and painted trim all straight, paint job smooth)but at almost six bucks on these,I would have liked to have had a good base also. I took it because I was afraid if I passed I wouldn't find another one, or at least one with the car in that good of shape. All in All a great night of hunting ! Have a "Great" Fathers day all , I'm gonna go put these cars on the shelf.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Detroit Muscle '69 Z28

Its just the plastic base under the car. Not a real big deal , I have some unmarked base's left over from the 5 pack of cases I bought . I converted some "carded " cars over to "cubed" cars as I prefer Cubes to cards. Its kinda odd that the car and even the acrylic cover are untouched but the base is almost broken into .If it was the chassis that was broken , I would have not bought it ...not at $5.87 !

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Oh okay... Good to hear its not the chassis.... Base plates can be fixed or replaced .... I too have had many base plates cracked in half but I managed to pop them back into place and glue the bottom side before placing the car back on its plate. It happens as they do get thrown around from China to the States.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts