Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
That is a re-issue of a system that was available here in the US back in the early 90's.

Bob Weichbrodt
"Rawafx"
W-S, NC

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
$100 all in, is that good? Surely there is a need to sell the in the US?
I have already discovered for myself that Tomy is more active than we may have thought, and Racemasters are merely one distrubutor. We gotta find out who the Aussie dist is as they have exclusive silver and gold cobras too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This was on the tomy website in the distribution section:
Australia
(for AFX series only) Toy Traders Sales Pty Ltd.

36-38 Boorea Street, Lidcombe,
N.S.W., Australia 2141
Tel : 613 9749 1733
Fax : 613 9749 0033
E-mail : [email protected]

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Looks like it would take up alot of space especially if you needed a couple for a four laner. Still looks neat though. :thumbsup: rr

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
That would do great, Stateside, for home racers with 2-lane door tracks especially! It would be cool to see it again but with fitments for modern Tomy track.

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
EBasil said:
That would do great, Stateside, for home racers with 2-lane door tracks especially! It would be cool to see it again but with fitments for modern Tomy track.
It has those, always did.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Just dug out my old one,it's got 1989 on the bottom of it,and they'd been around a bit before i bought mine,other then color upgrades it sure looks the same.
It's got TOMY/AFX in captilized letters with
model motoring wrote underneath in smaller letters and
Electronic Control Station wrote sorta off to the side a bit

Then i went way back and dug out my old AFX Data Race Systems ,i've still got 2 of them,i never threw nothing out,lol.
They both have 1979 on the bottom

The Electronic Control Station i have,counts to 199 laps as max laps,and times to the hundreth ie : 3.11 secs

The Date Race System counts to a max of 99 laps and times to the tenth ie:3.1 secs

They'll both work with reed switches as the timer /lap counter trip .I used mine with reed switches on Tyco track,they were pretty hightech back in their respective days :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
Anyone know if anything like this was ever made for a 4 lane setup??
we use them that way all the time & in theory you could do a 12 lane tomy track and time them all, one unit for every two lanes - connected with a lead with a small male mono jack each end.

dw

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Hornet said:
LOL,Dean you'res sure look better then the pair i got,i painted them with the differant lane colors as a kid, :p
Not mine, I do not actually know much about them (they are LED, right) - I simply nicked this image off of Google!

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
The new unit is like the AFX/Tomy Electronic control station,it's quite a bit better and differant then the older AFX Data Race.
I used 2 of the old AFX Data Race Systems on my old 4 lane tyco track years ago,but we did find them all to time a bit differant.
At one time i had 5 of the AFX Data race control center's,and i found they all timed differant ie: i hooked them up in pairs to the same reed switches,and found them quite inconsitent.
Same car/same lane and hook 2 of the systems up at once to the same reeds,and one timer would always give a differant laptime then the other,so in that respect they were quite inaccurate.
The older Data Race is a LED display ,good to the tenth,the Electronic Control center is LCD good to the hundreth,like Dean says

1 - 19 of 19 Posts