Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a "Ho Racing Guide" prepared by Racemasters there are pictures of (2) VW Bugs: The Boss Bug #9450 and the Bad Bug 9451. These are not baja bugs.

I've never seen them on ebay or anywhere else. Did they ever produce them?

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Scafremon said:
In a "Ho Racing Guide" prepared by Racemasters there are pictures of (2) VW Bugs: The Boss Bug #9450 and the Bad Bug 9451. These are not baja bugs.

I've never seen them on<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a> or anywhere else. Did they ever produce them?
i think they never produce them cuz of VW license problem.. ??? not sure about that. anyone??

Wes

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I wanted those 2 cars so bad! VW simply said NO! They will not be produced by Tomy. (I, however, am building a master of my own to cast, eh!)

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
yeah, the last thing a car company should want are toy cars made of their real cars... I guess the concept of creating brand loyality and recongnition with kids is too much for these people to grasp.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Never really understood the license procedure. Companies pay millions to get their logos on a NASCAR, yet they want to be paid if you want to put their logo on a toy car. As far as I'm concerned, if a company doesn't want the free advertising for putting their company logo on one of my toy cars, I'll find someone who does.
If someone wanted to put my company logo and website address on their toy cars, I wouldn't mind at all.

Joe

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Grandcheapskate said:
Never really understood the license procedure. Companies pay millions to get their logos on a NASCAR, yet they want to be paid if you want to put their logo on a toy car. As far as I'm concerned, if a company doesn't want the free advertising for putting their company logo on one of my toy cars, I'll find someone who does.
If someone wanted to put my company logo and website address on their toy cars, I wouldn't mind at all.

Joe
Just goes to prove it's all about the buck! :freak: rr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts