Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon the interuption folks but I remember during the March Cavalcade of Wheels talking to LT1 Tony about die-cast and slots. He was catching me up on the latest rumors when we both found out that TOMY was buying RC2.

Did any change come of this? If this has been already beaten to death, I am deeply sorry but I have not been on the boards lately and wanted to know what if anything this meant? I had a meeting with the previous owner, was given some fun tidbits and then this information came to light. I was all ready for a blast from the past and then I heard about Tomy. Can anyone give me the short version?

I quick shout out to all the old timers since most here probably have no clue who I am:wave:

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Hey Mark,good to see you. Tom Z of JL was asking people on JLTalk what they would like to see of the Tomy 1-100 line in the USA......all the news I have seen about Tomica buying JL. Walmart has a price increase on the line that they carry of JL. Dave C.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So in a nutshell they pick up all the Tomy castings, Racing Champions and the vintage JL. It's too bad that the economy keeps a creative fellow from being able to run with a casting option line up like that. Z has all these opportunities but I bet his options are limited. That has to be very frustrating.

A price increase in this economy is tough too. When I go to the car shows and see the handful of die-cast vendors when there once was a sea full of them tells me everything. I see the old PM/JL stuff, the card art, the weight and I just sigh.
:p

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey back at you. :)

Hmmmmmm, it seems Tomy would have had more interest in RC2 when they still had slot cars. When I think of Tomy, I think more along the lines of HO slot cars.

I thought they had HQ's in Calif. They will let JL stand alone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts