Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I think it means that the next JL release of Forever 64 will include a Dodge Coronet instead of the cool Monaco, a 76 Caddy Fleetwood, and several Hondas and Toyotas.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to see some imports too for a change. I am hoping the keep the 1/24 line and they bring alive the 1/18 line, never hurts to dream a bit...and for less expensive :rolleyes: have to set the target high, we may end up disappointed in a few months but...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think it means that the next JL release of Forever 64 will include a Dodge Coronet instead of the cool Monaco, a 76 Caddy Fleetwood, and several Hondas and Toyotas.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.....
The next lineup of Forever 64 is here!

-1995 Geo Metro
-1996 Geo Prizm
-1994 Caddy Seville
-1992 Pontiac Grand Am
-1985 Chevy Cavalier
-1988 Dodge Aries
-2000 Dodge Interpid
-1990 Dodge Caravan
-1995 Chevy Lumina
-2000 Plymouth Neon
-1994 Chevy Celebrity
-1995 Pontiac LeMans

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
My only hope is that based on the fact that JL was such a small financial part of RC2, TOMY might want to put some effort into this area so that it becomes a better product for the new venture?

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Tomy to Acquire RC2
Categories // News, Other

Tokyo, Japan - Major toy vendor Tomy Company Ltd. will acquire fellow toy manufacturer RC2 Corp. for approximately $640 million.

Tomy, through a U.S. subsidiary, will offer to purchase all outstanding shares of RC2 common stock for $27.90 per share, a 30.9 percent premium over RC2's average closing stock price for the three months ended March 9. The offer is scheduled to start in 10 business days and close during the second quarter of 2011. Afterwards, Tomy will acquire the remaining outstanding shares of RC2's common stock at the same price through a second-step merger.

RC2's brands, which include Learning Curve, Johnny Lightning and Ertl, will continue to be managed by the current leadership team.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, RC2 may solicit acquisition proposals from third parties for a period of 30 calendar days continuing through April 9, subject to extension for an additional 15 calendar days in limited circumstances. Tomy has the right to match a superior proposal.
Kantaro Tomiyama, president & CEO of Tomy, said in a statement, "This merger further enables Tomy to move towards our goal of increasing our global profile adding significant additional business in North America and Europe, creating a stronger global platform for future growth."
Curt Stoelting, CEO of RC2, said, "Our management team together with Tomy's looks forward to expanding our existing product lines, developing additional new brands and product categories and increasing our global reach."

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Will the Tomica Playsets come to the states also?
I really liked the toll bridge and some of the parking garages.
Not to mention the race track. I wonder if Jl will work on those playsets?
Richard

·
Registered
627 Posts
Will the Tomica Playsets come to the states also?
I really liked the toll bridge and some of the parking garages.
Not to mention the race track. I wonder if Jl will work on those playsets?
Richard
Toys R Us sells some Tomica Playsets.

Not in the car isle though. You may have to look around for them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Johnny Lightning is a shell (can we even call it that?) of what it used to be. We all know that. They were once the leader in the game. They are now the transition piece for new collectors. See flow chart below.

Hot Wheels >>> Johnny Lightning >>> M2 + Greenlight
Good time fun_____Better Quality_______High Quality

There was a time when hunting for new Johnny Lightning was fun, heck, my "local" stores might get one case of Johnny Lightning every two months nowadays. It wasnt too long ago that I was surprised when they werent getting a case a week.

There was variety. We would see 5 or 6 new releases a month. Themed cars, muscle cars, hot rods, etc. Now we have 12 cars released, once a month.

I dont have anything against JL. I've never sold a single diecast piece. Maybe I'm "misremembering" the past, maybe its a fading desire for diecast, or maybe I'm just diecast hungry, but man, this just sucks right now. Oh, the lack of VWs for OVER TWO YEARS doesn't help.

I can only hope that Tomy can turn things around.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Tomy to Acquire RC2
Categories // News, Other
Tokyo, Japan - Major toy vendor Tomy Company Ltd. will acquire fellow toy manufacturer RC2 Corp. for approximately $640 million.
RC2's brands, which include Learning Curve, Johnny Lightning and Ertl, will continue to be managed by the current leadership team."
:beatdeadhorse:...it's out of it's misery...now please bury it....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

-1995 Geo Metro
-1996 Geo Prizm
-1994 Caddy Seville
-1992 Pontiac Grand Am
-1985 Chevy Cavalier
-1988 Dodge Aries
-2000 Dodge Interpid
-1990 Dodge Caravan
-1995 Chevy Lumina
-2000 Plymouth Neon
-1994 Chevy Celebrity
-1995 Pontiac LeMans

Enjoy!
For Real?:confused:
Or are you just pulling my chain?

·
Registered
83 Posts

-1995 Pontiac LeMans

Enjoy!
Good one, but you can bet if one of the Beat The Heat guys drove a Daewoo-sourced '95 Pontiac LeMans with cop lights and a big hood scoop Tom Z. would jump at the chance to spend licensing dollars on it.

Bring back the R34 Skyline, 240SX, Bugs and Buses, and Civic Hatchies!
I can't agree with you more about the 240SX, which sadly only showed up twice -- and in essentially the same color! (That Coke model doesn't really count.) We also need more of the Honda CRX casting, but I could really do without any more JL Civics. There are more than enough to go around already.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Has anybody gotten their Tomicas from Toys R Us? I scored the Camry (Mark X), the Mitsu Triton pickup, Lancer Evo X, and the WRX STI Impreza. Ran out of $ but I am headed back for the Suzuki Swift and Mitsu Pajero (Montero) 2 pack

1 - 19 of 19 Posts