Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of a couple of my Tomicas. Feel free to add pics of your tomicas, as I would be interested to see what else is out there. :wave:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I have one Tomica, a 300ZX TT. My kid when she was in first grade, the teacher had a reward box where if you did something good you could pull an item out of the box. My daughter pulled out the car and traded it to me. Strange that it was a Tomica in the box and not a HW or MB.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm loving that Corolla! Nice-nice-nice!!

This is one I'd like to share. Found it at a local antique store about six months ago. It's in amazing shape, and makes a great addition to my collection.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PlaysW/cars said:
I'm loving that Corolla! Nice-nice-nice!!

This is one I'd like to share. Found it at a local antique store about six months ago. It's in amazing shape, and makes a great addition to my collection.
That one is a nice one! I've never seen it before; I love the tampos on it.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Those are wonderful models. I'm not familiar with Tomicas; I don't think they were sold in this area when they were new. They certainly have impressive realism and color choices. All are highly desirable, I'd say. Thanks for your great photos.

I really like the Citroen SM and the Olds Toronado XSR (one of GM's most bizarre production cars ever; I've actually seen a few 1/1s of it.) The Gloria "Van" is a true charmer, and I'm going to have to start haunting the flea markets and the 'bay for that Celica.

What is the very first 1/66 red car at the top? It looks vaguely familiar to me - is it a Nissan Cedric?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BluntFronts said:
Those are wonderful models. I'm not familiar with Tomicas; I don't think they were sold in this area when they were new. They certainly have impressive realism and color choices. All are highly desirable, I'd say. Thanks for your great photos.

I really like the Citroen SM and the Olds Toronado XSR (one of GM's most bizarre production cars ever; I've actually seen a few 1/1s of it.) The Gloria "Van" is a true charmer, and I'm going to have to start haunting the flea markets and the 'bay for that Celica.

What is the very first 1/66 red car at the top? It looks vaguely familiar to me - is it a Nissan Cedric?
Certain models from Tomica were sold in the US only for a bit under their 'Pocket Cars' line, the 70's and early 80's, but Tomica abandonned the US market.

You will probably have luck hunting down the Celica, as it was sold under the 'Pocket Cars' line. The Gloria Van was also sold under the Pocket Cars line, and was available in blue with red interior. The top car however is quite rare; it's a Toyota Century produced in 1972. I don't believe it was ever sold in America, and was only available in Japan under their main 'black box' line; the colors I've seen it in are red, silver, black, and a peach color.

·
Registered
238 Posts
We are happy to have a decent selection of current Tomica's in our webshop!

They are still 'the same' over all the years: great detail, opening parts and absolutely a fabulous carton box!

Just a few examples of their current lineup.

You can find the Tomica's at our www.tinytoycars.com webshop.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I love Tomicas...I have probably 250 or so...a bunch from childhood in the '70s, and lots that I've bought new over the last five years from Japanese and Hong Kong web retailers. I still found old stock occasionally in a small-town Ohio Tru Value hardware store into the early '90s..

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
My sole Tomica, used to be my dad's, a Fiat X1/9-

A little worse for the wear methinks :drunk: I'll have to see about getting more Tomicas.

Atencio, do you have a pic of the 300ZX?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Here's my meager Tomica collection. I'm the original owner of a few: the gold 200SX, the red Celica, and the brown Chevy truck (the one in better shape) all survived my childhood. I also had a pinkish/rose Cadillac and a blue Lincoln, but my originals were lost... the Caddys and the Lincoln I have now were from Fleabay to replace them. The rest is just thrift store/flea market/yard sale finds...

--rick

·
Registered
238 Posts
All wonderful models!!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts