Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never paid more than $1.49 for a die cast of this size (but then again, I just started collecting 2 months ago and only Hot Wheels) but when I saw this on eBay I just couldn't resist. Even though the price was absolutely asinine, I couldn't pass up on it. Being that this was a give away for the Japanese men's magazine LAPITA back in October of 2002, mint ones are probably few and far between.

I absolutely love the 2000GT and this is the coolest version of it I've seen thus far (the SCCA ones are a close second IMHO).

These are not my photos but were copied from a Japanese blog:

I can't wait for this to get here!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ that's the one! From the pics off eBay, I'm not sure if my interior is as yellow as the pics I posted up from that Japanese blog I found but the quality wasn't great so I can't really tell.

The link you posted up showed the 2000GT in a traditional Tomica cardboard box - did they make 2 versions in this color scheme? 1 for LAPITA and one regular?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The red & white "Tomica" box is a "build it yourself" box that comes with the original box & magazine. If you look at the bottom of the page (see link above) you can see the illustrated sheet that you can copy or cut-out.

The website is the work of my friend Luc. He is a Toyota 2000GT owner and lives in Switzerland. Luc has one of the most extensive Toyota 2000GT memorabilia collections in the world. You can see more of his model & toy collection HERE.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ unbelievable collection Luc has! Thank you for sharing. I also ordered the #23 and #33 SCCA versions from the same eBayer in Japan so I'll post up pics of all 3 when they arrive.

From the auction pics, my LAPITA version seems to have silver wheels instead of the gold / bronze ones shown on the Japanese blog and Luc's site. My interior also appears to be a bit more yellow than Luc's but not as yellow as the Japanese blogger's.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I think it may just be a trick of the light/glare/plastic.
Packaging looks correct for the Lapita car.
I wish mine was more handy so I could check it out to compare... :drunk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts