Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Cool scale barge Tom!
Only had/have a couple Tomicas myself.
Either they weren't that available or my eyes were trained to go staight to the Matchboxes or more-so I think by the time these were out in the mid-'70s there wasn't much for cars that I even cared much about and at a very young age went back and looked for New Old Stock or traded buddies for their old Lesneys that I didn't have yet!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Does anyone remember the great Tomica "Pocket Cars" of the '70s? I recently did a post on my original mini-Cadillac for Curbside Classic: http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/miniature-curbside-classic-1975-cadillac-fleetwood-brougham-by-tomica-the-beginning-of-my-broughamitis/

I am glad that Tomica is available in the States again, I just wish more models were being released! The quality and detail are definitely still there.
Tom,

I do remember the pocket cars back when i was a kid.

I remember that they were in stores like Woolworths,5 and dime stores,and family run variety stores(i really miss those).

My brother and i had a bunch.We liked them because they were realistic and used them as part of our ho scale train set scenery.

Good stuff,thanks for sharing!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts