Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sweet! Nice twin piece set!

I don't recall McEwen actually racing this though, isn't this some sort of tribute car or something? I seem to recall a set early in the 100% line, high dollar stuff, that included a car like this.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Nice twin piece set!

I don't recall McEwen actually racing this though, isn't this some sort of tribute car or something? I seem to recall a set early in the 100% line, high dollar stuff, that included a car like this.
The 1/64 is from the early Legends set & the 1/24 is a plastic model.
Don't know if he actually drove it or not.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
This is nowhere as nice as your cars but I thought it might be of interest from a historical perspective. I picked up this somewhat battered late-'70's Mongoose at a flea market. It's from the era when "Mongoose" McEwen and "Snake" Prudhomme agreed to a cross-promotion with Hot Wheels. This began corporate sponsorship for drag racing.

SEE:
http://www.nhra.net/50th/top50/T_McEwen16.html

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Those are really cool! I collected HW's when I was little, when they first came out, and the Snake and Mongoose rivalry was big then. I remember having the funny cars but not if the one 54belair has was one of them. Seems like mine were white.

The sad part is that living out in the sticks with only Wal-Mart, Kroger, Big Lots and Walgreens carrying HW I never even see series like the 100% line to be able to buy them. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts