Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom,
Hi, I interviewed you at the Chicago Hobby show. Could you make retro embossed metal lunchboxes?

One of the Aurora kits, the Enterprise refit, lunchboxes that should have been made but weren't.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I've got one of those LIS retro lunchboxes....they are really neat! I just wish I still had my original one with the spaceship on the thermos.

But...they must be made out of metal and not this plasic stuff that are made these days.

MMM

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Chances of Polar Lights Lunch Boxes ever happening are of two kinds (1) VERY SLIM and (2) ABSOLUTELY NONE.
I could be wrong, but feel pretty safe on this one!
Dave

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave Metzner said:
Chances of Polar Lights Lunch Boxes ever happening are of two kinds (1) VERY SLIM and (2) ABSOLUTELY NONE.
I could be wrong, but feel pretty safe on this one!
Dave
Is that because of rights?
I was thinking they should be expensive to appeal to the adult collector.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nah, they just can't expend all that effort that should be going into bringing back "Major Matt Mason", "Zeroids", and "Tog'l's"! IMHO.

I *still* miss my Tog'l's... especially the electric motor set I had... my sisters always yapped that somehow my Tog'l's wound up in the beds and stuff and woke 'em up at night. About 5 years ago I found a few at a yard sale, bought 'em... and when my sister came to visit, I snuck one on the couch she was napping in, just for old time's sake. We got such a laugh out of that!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Lunch boxes have been looked at, it's been determined they're not likely to make a profit!
Another reason is that we don't have Lunch Box licenses - We have Die Cast car, Model kit and in some cases slot car licenses.but no Lunch box licenses.

Dave

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Lunch box license? I never knew you needed a license to carry a lunch box.
Huh! Learn something new every day.

James (who always bought his lunch) :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
^^Yeah James, that lunchbox operators class was murder :D

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
JamesDFarrow said:
Lunch box license? I never knew you needed a license to carry a lunch box.
Huh! Learn something new every day.

James (who always bought his lunch) :)
I suppose it could be considered a deadly weapon..especially if it hasn't been cleaned out over summer break...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts