Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom,
Hi, I interviewed you at the Chicago Hobby show. Could you make retro embossed metal lunchboxes?

One of the Aurora kits, the Enterprise refit, lunchboxes that should have been made but weren't.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I've got one of those LIS retro lunchboxes....they are really neat! I just wish I still had my original one with the spaceship on the thermos.

But...they must be made out of metal and not this plasic stuff that are made these days.

MMM

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Chances of Polar Lights Lunch Boxes ever happening are of two kinds (1) VERY SLIM and (2) ABSOLUTELY NONE.
I could be wrong, but feel pretty safe on this one!
Dave

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave Metzner said:
Chances of Polar Lights Lunch Boxes ever happening are of two kinds (1) VERY SLIM and (2) ABSOLUTELY NONE.
I could be wrong, but feel pretty safe on this one!
Dave
Is that because of rights?
I was thinking they should be expensive to appeal to the adult collector.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Nah, they just can't expend all that effort that should be going into bringing back "Major Matt Mason", "Zeroids", and "Tog'l's"! IMHO.

I *still* miss my Tog'l's... especially the electric motor set I had... my sisters always yapped that somehow my Tog'l's wound up in the beds and stuff and woke 'em up at night. About 5 years ago I found a few at a yard sale, bought 'em... and when my sister came to visit, I snuck one on the couch she was napping in, just for old time's sake. We got such a laugh out of that!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Lunch boxes have been looked at, it's been determined they're not likely to make a profit!
Another reason is that we don't have Lunch Box licenses - We have Die Cast car, Model kit and in some cases slot car licenses.but no Lunch box licenses.

Dave

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Lunch box license? I never knew you needed a license to carry a lunch box.
Huh! Learn something new every day.

James (who always bought his lunch) :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
^^Yeah James, that lunchbox operators class was murder :D

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
JamesDFarrow said:
Lunch box license? I never knew you needed a license to carry a lunch box.
Huh! Learn something new every day.

James (who always bought his lunch) :)
I suppose it could be considered a deadly weapon..especially if it hasn't been cleaned out over summer break...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts