Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you have some race sets coming out , and that the track is Tomy compatible. Have you ever considered make a bold move in HO racing and developing a unique track ? Perhaps either 3 or 4 ( wide instead of only 2 ) lane track pieces . While it is easy to create a 4, 6, 8, or even 10 lane tomy track, each piece being only 2 lanes makes for a sloppy , rather ugly set up. 3 or 4 lane pieces of track would be much easier for the home track builder to work with , And would be a tremendous draw to buy your specific track .
Just wondering .
~Mike

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Thats a good idea, but how about making the track itself just a bit wider, like modify some 1/43 scale track so that the rails would fit HO cars. That way Tyco Vipers, Marchon Jeeps and other wide bodies arent rubbing fenders, and it would give the cars in the outside lanes some room to drift the the turns. Would be a breakthru for creating a chassis with properly sized (read HUGE) tires for Jeeps, Hummers, etc. that could actually fit on the track, all the while looking jacked up and badass.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I'd buy 4 lane pieces of Track in a heartbeat :) A nice 36 inch straight piece woule be great too

Roger Corrie

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
vaBcHRog said:
I'd buy 4 lane pieces of Track in a heartbeat :) A nice 36 inch straight piece woule be great too

Roger Corrie
Right there with you Roger. Add a 48" one as well. Have to be concerned with the shipping factor at some point. :) Seperate power hook ups on the terminal track, maybe even a set of banked turns and a set of turns where the lanes close down on each other and spacing is minmal. :eek: Well' I can wake up now. :) rr

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
I don't need four lane track -- I'll run my 2 & 2 lanes next to each other.

I'd be down for some turn borders, however, and some larger radius turns again (21" & 24" anyone?).

'doba

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aurora had wider track with its "Super Modeling Motoring" stuff in the 60. It was O guage, and only 2 lanes, but I still have a few pieces and it gives you a ton of room to run regular slots on, just thought I would throw it in for the old guys like me who still remember it. (sorry if it is off topic)

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
When I click on "Track Sections", I get "Valid Pricing Updates coming Soon. Watch this page for Updates."

When I click on "Complete Track", I get "Coming Soon! Watch This Space!".

Does anyone know when the valid pricing updates will be available? Is this website updated regularily?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Montoya1 said:
I think everything kicks off in March. Would you be looking to switch or to have a Tomy-GAR hybrid initially?
I don't understand this question. What is a Tomy-Gar hybrid?

What I do will hunge greatly on the price.

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
It's pretty expensive, before they moved the prices off the page I had worked out 2 GAR 22'', 22.5 degree curves as GBP19.00.

Hence my hopes they (or Bradtracks) will make Tomy-GAR adapters so that I can switch gradually.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Micyou03 & Montoya1 - here is a link to a comparison of GAR and Maxx Trax.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=148761&highlight=maxx+trax

Maxx Trax vs. Granite Archer Racetracks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anybody had any experience with comparing these two track systems?
I know the cost seems lower on the Maxx Trax ( $21.00 per lf ) vs Granite Archer ( $32.00 per lf. ) I'm thinking about saving up and buying one of these systems and I'm looking for some help from anyone that has had a chance to turn some laps on either of these bad boyz.

Pickeringtondad

The cost per linear foot was based on the web site pricing as of June 2006.

***lf = stands for linear foot

1 - 20 of 25 Posts