Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, everyone....it's long-time lurker Lemmy here! :wave:

I have recently purchased several vintage Monogram Models posters, featuring (mostly) Tom Daniel kits/art, as well as a few other subjects/artists/kits. They're all 13"x19" in size.

They can be seen in the large pics below, and my question is this...has anyone got any idea where they come from? I bought them in the Chicago area, which was once a Monogram kit manufacturing hub, so they might be a "company-only" type of promo, or something that was given to retailers. I only know that in my 40+ years of model-building, I'd never ever seen them before, not in any model shop nor any slot-car hut. :confused: :confused: :confused:

They are very vintage, with dates ranging from 1967 to 1969 on the copyrights.

If anyone has any thoughts or inklings, please let me know....

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
WOW!! I never knew these posters existed!! I'd kill to have the Boot Hill Express one!
Thanks for posting them Lemmy. Very cool.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW!! I never knew these posters existed!! I'd kill to have the Boot Hill Express one!
Thanks for posting them Lemmy. Very cool.

Chris.:)
Thanks for the interest, guys.

I actually happen to have just two extra posters, Auroranut....a Red Baron, and.....Boot Hill Express! :p

I actually have it framed already, too. The only thing is, I still don't even know what I have here. You know, how rare are they, etc? LOL.

I only know that I've paid between $10 and $100 for each of them, prices varying greatly and wildly. But, I'm addicted to kits and all that goes with that hobby. :D

If anyone reading this has any notion as to the origin/intended use of these, I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks for the interest, guys.

I actually happen to have just two extra posters, Auroranut....a Red Baron, and.....Boot Hill Express! :p

I actually have it framed already, too. The only thing is, I still don't even know what I have here. You know, how rare are they, etc? LOL.

I only know that I've paid between $10 and $100 for each of them, prices varying greatly and wildly. But, I'm addicted to kits and all that goes with that hobby. :D

If anyone reading this has any notion as to the origin/intended use of these, I'd be grateful.
Tom Daniel has a website. Maybe you could go there and contact him?

Mo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts