Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
John P said:
Bandai Voyager pictures
Wow! It looks great, and the inclusion of the landing gear surprised me. If I can scrape up the moolah, I may have to spring for this one.

And I wonder what's the scale of the BTTF die cast DeLorean on the first page ... It looks really sweet.

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Feh.... Bandai has said that if the Voyager does't sell well, this will be the last. The shots look decent, but there seems to be some details missing on the orange-primary hull emitter thingies, plus, no strobes.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
F91 said:
but there seems to be some details missing on the orange-primary hull emitter thingies,...
The RCS thrusters?
The raised outlines of rectangles and trapezoids are on the model but don't show up well in those photos.
The phaser strips look to be the best on a mass produced Trek kit so far.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Nova Designs said:
Yeah that Voyager really does look nice. Still, where's the fun in building it?
While I agree it does take some of the challenge out, it still gives you room to do things like add nav lights etc..... If you want them to do more, we need to support them and give them constructive feedback. Maybe they will learn that we don't need all the painting and lights, or that we want to do it ourselves. They can cut production costs and sell more units....

I'd still like to see how far off decals from JT or DLM are for these in case we would want to strip and do our own....

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I like the Nautilus from LXG on page 8, is it a kit or a pre-paint (I can't tell). May be on the small side but the detail looks good to me.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nope, it's a kit. Go to the Wave listing, and it's there. Not cheap, but reasonable...

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
What I'm really excited about are Garada K7 and Doublas M2, both adversaries of Mazinger Z - my favorite childhood anime. To see them as being part of the Soul of Chogokin line is a dream come true. I'm hoping that Bandai will release more adversaries. After all, they'd have plenty: about 70 or so!

Oh yeah, the Voyager's nice too.

José

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Lloyd Collins said:
It would be intresting to see how Bandai does the TOS 1701 Nacelle lights.
Probably the same way they did the NX lights, though they might go orange instead of red. The NX lights look fine as a still shot; there's a little variance there, but it's just a static display.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts