Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Awesome score!! But beware, there's alot of jealous "haters" lurking out there. It's why I no longer post my BIG finds like that any more.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hot Wheels sales have been down for many months, I'm sure there will be a LOT of older stuff showing up at Dollar Stores, Discount Stores, Drug Stores & Supermarkets. They need to dump the stuff somewhere.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Hate the game, not the player, right? ;)

Congrats! Looks like maybe you found some old 4-sided shippers? Grocery store or ?

Super Fury is one of my favs from this year! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Congrats, I could use a big score like that if I'm even going to think about finishing this year's set. Still only have 4 Supers.

As far as "jealous haters", most people assume that if you repeatedly find huge scores like this you are either getting them from employees, you have no life, or are the luckiest person on earth. Or some combination of the three! Having played "the game" for more than 11 years, you understand how it's played, and how useless it is to fight it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Now I know why I never find any. :(
Why? Do you live by Alex? There are more than enough out there to be found by everyone, IF, you put a little effort into it. You can't just stop into one store, not find anything and say "I never find anything", it doesn't work like that. A little foot work goes a long way. I'm constantly finding hunts, chase cars at Super markets and other oddball places. Not that I'm bragging, because I hate that kinda Stuff, but I have found over 100 hunts, chase, Green machines, and White Lightnings this year and I'm probably on the low end as I know other guys maybe get better hits. These scores have been from multiple stores. No I'm not a door warmer, another habit I can't stand, but found all different times in a day. I get up and get out when I'm good and ready, not because a store opens early. Now if I was already out and about, different story. By the way Alex, SWEET Scores!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Jeez, lighten up people. Not everybody can afford to spend entire days going store to store within an XX-mile radius.

I wish I could do that like I used to a few years ago. Nice scores :D

·
Registered
995 Posts
congrats! i managed to score my 3rd ever TH tonight at walmart. timed it just right and got there just as they were stocking the pegs.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Hot Wheels sales have been down for many months, I'm sure there will be a LOT of older stuff showing up at Dollar Stores, Discount Stores, Drug Stores & Supermarkets. They need to dump the stuff somewhere.
The finds I mentioned were at Wal Mart. I have contacts at a few and they've all told me that older cases are showing up in their shipments. I understand what Mattel is going through, just a current curiousity.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Now I know why I never find any. :(
Why? Do you live by Alex? There are more than enough out there to be found by everyone, IF, you put a little effort into it. You can't just stop into one store, not find anything and say "I never find anything", it doesn't work like that. A little foot work goes a long way. I'm constantly finding hunts, chase cars at Super markets and other oddball places. Not that I'm bragging, because I hate that kinda , but I have found over 100 hunts, chase, Green machines, and White Lightnings this year and I'm probably on the low end as I know other guys maybe get better hits. These scores have been from multiple stores. No I'm not a door warmer, another habit I can't stand, but found all different times in a day. I get up and get out when I'm good and ready, not because a store opens early. Now if I was already out and about, different story. By the way Alex, SWEET Scores!!!!! :thumbsup:
I couldn't have put it any clearer. In almost ten years, I've found less that 20 hunts and other chases. My brother starts collecting and he has almost 200 hunts and several non-Hot Wheels chases in the last year. He hunts!! The more effort one puts into it, the more successful one will be and the less spiteful one will feel towards other, more deticated, collectors.

A little suggestion for those who just can't dedicate the time or effort it takes to satisfy the need to have these chases: Form honest and mutual relationships with other collectors. You may find that the generosity of some in the community may help with your collections. It is a huge community.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Wow :thumbsup: what a haul. Yup its older stock of HW Cases.

I know many Collectors who would rant if they seen this post with a person
having 10 TH's of the same....Im sure glad they are not on this site. LOL

To me they are just a $1 HW and not worth fighting over. Congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Awesome score!! But beware, there's alot of jealous "haters" lurking out there. It's why I no longer post my BIG finds like that any more.
In my opinion, it depends entirely on HOW the big score was acquired. If they were hanging on the pegs, fair game for everyone. First come, first serve. If you have a "friend" who works there and they held them for you, or allowed you to go through cases that were not available to anyone else, thats an entirely different matter.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
In my opinion, it depends entirely on HOW the big score was acquired. If they were hanging on the pegs, fair game for everyone. First come, first serve. If you have a "friend" who works there and they held them for you, or allowed you to go through cases that were not available to anyone else, thats an entirely different matter.
More people out there than not do NOT see it your way. If there's more than one out and you take them all, you're a scalper, hoarder, low-life, scum-bag, etc. I thoroughly enjoy my hobby and it is COMPLETELY self-supportive. There is no "net" cash outflow where it is concerned (nor can I afford there to be these days!). Therefore, I will buy EVERY diecast regular and/or chase piece that I can if it will help me further my collection. This includes trading, buying, selling and the ocassional RAOK.

I recently moved from an area of 75,000 people to a large metropolitan area. I have no "contacts, friends or insiders." I have, however, found more stuff in the past three months than I have in the past three YEARS! This is accomplished by STRATEGICALLY spending and hour in the morning chasing 2-3 days a week and an hour or so at night 6 nights a week.

BTW, if it's sitting on a pallet and an employee is willing to open the case(s) for you, IT'S FAIR GAME!! 99% of the time I am unwilling to pop it open myself, as I'm not willing to risk being asked to leave and ruining my new found success!!

·
Banned
610 Posts
Pallet & floor stock

:confused:Called local wally other night. Had a "Feeling", 7 cases she had, said hurry couldnt wait. mmmm here i go 90 to nutn. 7 cases later, 7 regular mustang hunt,s. Took 5 left 2. Is it just me or is the $uper,s dryin up??"confused" should say "THANKFUL, BUT CONFUSED??" Russ in Ms [email protected]

·
Registered
212 Posts
I agree

With everyone. It is fun to find stuff on the shelves. HOwever in my town it is hard to beat the dealers. Who find them, and turn them for $10 each. That is what I dont like. Maybe stick with 200% profit, that keeps people in the game. Although the other day we found 12 TH's all regulars, of 4 different ones. That was awesome. Cases on a pallet and the employee opened. I was thilled.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I probably have the best job in the world to find TH's WL's and everything in between. I fly night freight in different parts of the country at all hours of the night. I get done in the wee hours of the mourning and have all day and part of the night to search all the stores in different regions of the east coast. I can remember only once did I cash in a gold mine like that. But it did happen. Wally world in big bin. I only took two or three Hooligans and left the rest. It was the season to give as I remember. But it does happen if you are persistent enough and have the resources. Congrats on the find!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts