Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's HW haul for $0.83 each!

That's my favorite mustang casting HWs has made so far! The Z3 M has a metal base and that's pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Found out that the Bugatti is going for ridiculous prices on eBay - should have picked up the the other one @ the store since it was only $0.83. I could have paid for all the cars I bought today! Ah well, maybe I'll go get it tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Nice mix. I agree, that fastback is one of, if not my favorite Mustang casting from HW's as well. Right up there with my top five favorite mainlines. The Bugatti on the other hand, not so much. I got a Veyron Mystery car once that turned me off to that one.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Very nice haul, and cheaper than today's mainlines.
Since Mattel lost the rights to the Bugatti line, people have been paying some high dollar amounts for them. I'm on the fence about the car myself, I've got a few of them. I agree that the Mystery casting a few years ago was not a good one.

·
Premium Member
9,014 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
The Veyron has high prices on ebay, but noone is bidding on them except for the convention cars and the walmart exclusive blue.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I opened all the cars and:

1) The Veyron casting is pretty cool but the front end SUCKS!
2) The Enzo casting is just meh - I think the front end is too high off the ground - this is gonna be a donor car for it's gold OH5s for a custom job.
3) The Mustang Fastback is even nicer out of the blister - I can't stop picking it up!
4) The 288 GTO looks sooooo much better in mainline trim than the Speed Machines one for the simple fact that the rear wheels are nice and FAT!

The other 8 cars are cool - the 4 above are standouts for good and bad reasons.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Found out that the Bugatti is going for ridiculous prices on eBay - should have picked up the the other one @ the store since it was only $0.83. I could have paid for all the cars I bought today! Ah well, maybe I'll go get it tomorrow.
Pick it up and set it aside for me...I missed that one due to a deployment! :D

That's a pretty nice haul. Did the BMW's card identify it as a Z3 or an M Roadster? (The Z3 card, if memory serves me correctly, was a short run.) And I like the Mustang, too. I think XOsPapa is well on the way to picking up a 1:1 American muscle/pony-car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pick it up and set it aside for me...I missed that one due to a deployment! :D

That's a pretty nice haul. Did the BMW's card identify it as a Z3 or an M Roadster? (The Z3 card, if memory serves me correctly, was a short run.) And I like the Mustang, too. I think XOsPapa is well on the way to picking up a 1:1 American muscle/pony-car.
I'll try to head to the store today and if the Bugatti is still there, it's yours!

It says M Roadster on it and at the bottom left corner it says Special Collector's Model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts