Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found these johnnies today at a local flea market..bare with me guys Im learning how to use this camera, when I got it ( used) it didnt come with a book :freak:
just in case you cant see them very well from top left is the 55 chevy nomad custom 13
HOLIDAY AUTOMENTS, COCA COLA BRAND
top right is the johnnylightning retro 69 camaro conv
bottom row left is the 2003 mitsubishi lancer ( whitelightning )
middle 1973 pontiac grand am ( whitelightning)
right 1941 chevy wagon woody ( whitelightning )
I gave $2 each for them except for the retro camaro , it was $3

I just notice that the pontiac grand am has only white tires, I thought that all whites must have two white components such as white tires/wheels - white interior/chasis or some other combination of white...is this just another quality control problem on JL's part or is it still a whitelightning in spite of the eror?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Only really needs 1 WL aspect, depends on the car and the series what the variation is. Nice scores for some great prices!!! Pics look pretty good!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Great scores and awesome prices. Wish i got my coke cars that cheap :freak: Keep up the work on taking pics and you will have it down in no time. Way to go.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
it's kinda funny... who is this mystery "Johnny Superhero" that runs around telling the (relatively) new collectors that the white lightnings "have to have at least 2 white traits to be WL's!"

..it just seems to come up again and again! :lol:

heck, anymore it doesn't even have to anything white at all to be a WL! :jest:

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
wildbill63 said:
No doubt. Remember the White Lightning WWII Jeep?
yea, that was a great one... I had found 1, traded it away...kinda wished I kept it...still have a good picture here somewhere.... It's a cool one to freak out the new-bies with!:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts