Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on vacation since Tuesday and the old lady decided today that it was time to get me out of the house and away from the complex. I did not find any die cast but at Goodwill in the southwest valley I find three items that came home with me.

I bought this old 48 car case for $2.00 from Goodwill as it was on sale for 50% off. It is the only time I have found anything like this at a thrift store.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
O/T Portion of the post.

While I was looking through the Bins the Girlfriend came up with a big smile on her face with her arms behind her back.

I almost passed out when she showed me this.

I have told her several times that I would like to add a few helmets to my collection and when she saw it she thought it was a leather helmet and did not realize that this was a real helmet until she showed it to me. It was the type of Helmet that member of my Fathers old department wore.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O/T Portion No. 2

As I was walking through the store this beauty caught my eye. It is an Old MSA Fire Helmet. You may recognize the style from the show Emergency. Both of these beauties are hanging on the wall in my Man Area.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
WTG buddy .... Looks like you scored some great items.... Its not a everyday thing you see these items at a Goodwill thrift store...

Congrats :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .... They found a great home that's for sure :D

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the leather helmet Dave. That is a special piece maybe even Grail worthy.
Hey thanks Keith and for me it is GRAIL worthy. Both of them are. I wish the black helmet was leather it is metal and has no manufacturer identification information on it. I have posted pictures of it on a Fire Buff site in hopes that somebody has information on it.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WTG buddy .... Looks like you scored some great items.... Its not a everyday thing you see these items at a Goodwill thrift store...

Congrats :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .... They found a great home that's for sure :D

Thanks Dan. They are the pride and joy of my collection.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hey Dave, I really like the car case. I especially like the plastic trays that hold the cars. I am always looking for more of the plastic trays. Great day and some nice finds. Thanks for sharing, Howard

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Dave, I really like the car case. I especially like the plastic trays that hold the cars. I am always looking for more of the plastic trays. Great day and some nice finds. Thanks for sharing, Howard

Thanks bro that was the first case like that that I have found. I am planning on stopping in at the Toy Shack tom.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Nice that you a have toy store around. Is that the same Toy Shack that I see on the show Pawn Stars from time to time in Vegas right? If yes, lucky you.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice that you a have toy store around. Is that the same Toy Shack that I see on the show Pawn Stars from time to time in Vegas right? If yes, lucky you.

It sure is, mater of a fact during the Super Convention in Las Vegas last year Liv N Low and myself had the pleasure of meeting Johnny and Carson Lev when we walked down to the Toy Shack. I have been back a few times and it makes for a fun and enjoyable trip down to Freemont Street. It is a fantastic place and I plan on taking some older cars down to him to have him look at them.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Man, I am so Jealous. My wife cousin moved to Vegas. The next time we visit I'm going there to the Shack. We have nothing remotely close to that store here in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Hey, what about the pawn stars pawn shop, is that for real or not? Have you been there?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The "Emergency!" style helmet must be popular with fire equippment collectors...VERY cool, love the older one as well!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts