Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, well first the questions.

what is "momc"
what are the "hot 100?" cuz i have a few and they are the small boxes?

ok, so i got nothing special, just some stuff i never saw before:

-2004 F.E Brick Cutter 55/100
-2004 F.E Hummer H2 34/100
-2004 F.E Chevy S-10 89/100
-2004 F.E Cadillac V-16 57/100 :D
-2004 Final Run Ferrari 308 2/5
-Tag Rides Boom Box 1/5 ( i never saw this series before)

yeah, thats it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
MOMC is a generic term for all diecast on cards. Means "Mint on Mint Card" Now the HW terminoligy you will have to get from one of the other collectors.:)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
hot 100 is what they are calling the fe's for 2004 there will be 100 total first editions/new castings done this year and they have been broken down into grops there are realistics, blings, hardnose, crooze, fatbax, and i think a few others

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vw-wl-collector said:
hot 100 is what they are calling the fe's for 2004 there will be 100 total first editions/new castings done this year and they have been broken down into grops there are realistics, blings, hardnose, crooze, fatbax, and i think a few others
and Final Run, cuz the final run i got says it on there.

and that doesnt make sense because Final Run are castings they dont do anymore (correct?)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mecal said:
and Final Run, cuz the final run i got says it on there.

and that doesnt make sense because Final Run are castings they dont do anymore (correct?)
The series in the Hot 100 are: 40 Realistics, 20 Tooned, 10 Blings, 10 Hardnoze, 10 Crooze and 10 Fatbax. The final runs are not considered part of the Hot 100 though. If you look at the number on the top left corner of a card you will see a number from 1-100. Any car with those numbers are considered part of the Hot 100.

computer guy said:
The Hot 100 are the Zamac Cars that are coming out with the F.E.'s.
These are the unpainted cars.
This part is not entirely true. It would be more realistic to say that the Zamacs are part of the Hot 100. That is because as stated earlier in another post that there will be 36 Zamacs for 2004.

Hope that I've helped you clear things up a bit. If you have any questions feel free to email me. All I ask is that you put your screenname in the subject.

Bossman

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just thought of something to make the Hot 100 even more confusing for you. Back in January I believe, Mattel had a promo where if you went to TRU and bought 20 cars and sent in the upc codes with money for shipping they would then send you out a VW drag truck. The collector number (top left corner) on the card is 000. The numbers on the side where the name of the car is, is listed as #101 of 100. So I guess it will technically be considered part of the Hot 100.

Bossman

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah, thanks bossman. :)

---

also, anyone know about the small packages - cards?
normally they are like what, 5in? but some come in small ones half the size, usually in isles where the cady and stuff is when you go to purchase your items. :freak:

·
Registered
616 Posts
From what I have heard they are exclusive to Target in the US right now and to be used at point of sale, like you said in the checkout aisle. Over in the UK and France, Australia and what not, they only get short cards so some people refer to them as European cards. I don't believe Mattel has decided to use the short cards for any other retailer or has any plans along those lines yet. Although they might be doing this as a test to see if collectors in North America like the shorter cards. I personally wouldn't want to see a switch as it wouldn't match the rest of my collection. But that is just me.

Bossman

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, i bought them in Target :)

they're ok.

and yeah, i remember when i went to England they had the short cards, but they were in a suitcase that got lost. :cry:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i kinda have ocd just a bit and i hate the short cards cazz i like all my cars to hang right by each other on the wall with no spaces at all and the short ones dont match up to the long ones and it looks bad i hate them so bad i didnt buy any no many how bad i wanted the car

·
Registered
73 Posts
passed up, but bought these

a bunch of new frist editions and new five car series demolation series i believe passed them up for a whip creamer th an a RC 1/24 chrome chase terry labonte. DD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts