Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some things at my local KMart today. Have not seen these yet.

Found a few other cool things too, but had seen them before. These were all new to me.:)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was Kday? I am bummed that I missed something local. They had about 15 of the 57 chevy, maybe 10 of the firebird and about 6 of the camaros along with a ton of other stuff in 4 big storage bins. I almost bought all of them to try my hand at customizing with. I love the 57.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Nice finds!! Is that '57 a K-day only car?
It's just a first to market, I believe. Should start showing up at other retailers soon.

Swag, K-day or Kmart Day, etc. is a quarterly (although this year it was only three times) event held by Kmart and sponsored by Mattel. Various castings will be in colors only available at Kmart. Others will be first to market.

Each store is different, but the official guidelines are that at 9 AM on K-day, tickets will be drawn and those who have them get to open a K-day case (36 count) and pick 5 cars in 5 minutes. This continues until all the tickets are drawn.

Most people view it as a lottery to get a $uper TH.

Maybe you can catch the next one!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Very nice. The only ones left over from my Kdays was several '69 Chevelles, a Firebird and the non-exclusives, of course. The DD was predictably the first one to disappear, then the '67 Camaro. Congrats.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I missed the Kday,
But I have been bothering my Wal Mart Toy manager every day now, and just yesterday, scored 4 of those new '67 Firebirds.
I bought some other stuff, so I ran out of money to get all the other good ones.

George :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts