Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a large travelling Antique show and came across one dealer with a bin of Hot Wheels still in the blister packs. Selling at $2 each and discounted the tax. Nothing special I don't think but let me grab some stuff I don't have. More challengers for my fast truck.

Super Moderator
Awesome finds. The 250 is one of my favorite HWs castings. Are you planning to open all of these for a new racer to beat your F-150? My first (only) 250 was and still is a contender in my racing boxes. (Will have to check were it is in the classes, but I did win my first local gravity competition with it!)

If you are going to DLM (Diecast Liberation Movement) them - the Aeroflash is another good casting according to other racers.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Well we did run all of those today. The brown Ferrari 308 and the dark blue Jaguar XJ220 with the gold wheels were fastest. We did 6 heats against the F-150 with both alternating lanes on the 6 lane racetrack. They both beat the F-150 on 2 of their heats. We then ran them head to head against each other for 10 heats and they both won 5. The Aeroflash has nice weight to it but one front wheel is sticking. Need to spend some time trying to get it freed up and rolling better. Feels like maybe a burr or something on the end of the axle. The Weinermobile was the kid's favorite and left the gate fast. But it get's wobbling bad and even flipped over the first time we ran it. The Miata was pretty good too as has been two other versions I have of that. They tend to run well but lose by about 1/2 a truck length each time. Beautiful paint on this one though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts