Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are running buggies on asphalt oval, and trying to stay with the buggy chassis and not change shocks and such. So what i would like to know what might be better, tie wraps that limit down travel or placing limiters in the shocks? We tried tie wraps last night just before mains and picked up 5 laps over previous TQ. WOuld limiters be better? We are running road hawgs on front and rear on one car and road rages on rear of other car with same fronts.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
I would go with limiters inside the shocks. Much more consistant than ties. Two words of advice. 1) make sure that all the tires hang down the same amount (so if you lift the front or back of the car off the ground, they come off at the same time). 2) make sure you have some "uptravel" in the suspension, so at ride hight, whn you pick the car up, the a-arms droop down some before the tires lift off.

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Try running very thick shock oil, I used Buggy diff lube in a spec class that made you use out of the box shocks/springs. Slows down the shift of weight from left to right.

We are running buggies on asphalt oval, and trying to stay with the buggy chassis and not change shocks and such. So what i would like to know what might be better, tie wraps that limit down travel or placing limiters in the shocks? We tried tie wraps last night just before mains and picked up 5 laps over previous TQ. WOuld limiters be better? We are running road hawgs on front and rear on one car and road rages on rear of other car with same fronts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts