Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this kit the same day I found the Tiger Shark.

I ordered it about a week later when I got a bonus from work. The original plan was to build this one while I waited on the paint I wanted to use on Tiger Shark could be ordered. But things happened faster than expected and I got everything I needed together all at once.

I don't expect this to take too long to build. It's another small kit, I have all the colors I need to paint it, right down to the reflective red paint on the wheel hubs.

And no, Jim, it wasn't a Saturn Five...

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's a fun kit but it isn't the Moonscope anymore.
The molds were modified to produce the Alien Space1999 car kit, with details added and some removed.

Here is the original box.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally, finding out something like that doesn't bother me, but seeing how the original had six wheels...man that's a bummer.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And so it begins. Primed, painted, ready for initial assembly. Flat White this time, and the flat base coat from the color shifting paint (since I don't have much of the color left, what else am I going to use it for?), as well as X-metals red for use on chrome:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that was quick.

I actually finished this a day or two ago, but with Photobucket acting up, this is the first chance I've had to upload the pics. There really wasn't much to this kit. Well aside for complaints, but I always have complaints about something I'm working on.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It came out pretty cool. Definitely something that you don's see all the time. It should stand out on your shelf for sure. Good for you!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well, that was quick.

I actually finished this a day or two ago, but with Photobucket acting up, this is the first chance I've had to upload the pics. There really wasn't much to this kit. Well aside for complaints, but I always have complaints about something I'm working on.
I was going to say that there wasn't much to this if you can finish it in a few days. That looks great despite the change from the original. I love the A-team van!

~ Chris​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts