Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LOOSE CHEVELLES ARE NOW IN THE SWAP SECTION FOR SALE. I WILL BE SELLING A TON OF CARS. EMAIL IF YOU HAVE A NEED FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU OUT WITH IT.

I have been thinking lately of selling most if not almost all of my collection. I have a lack of storage space and just incurred a ton of medical bills that need to get paid. Do you think with about 3000 cars (give or take) that $4000-$5000 is possible? And what is the best way to go about it? It would take forever to sell them individually and I know most people don't want to or can't lay out that kind of cash. Would it be best to sell them in lots? And if so, would you break down into brand and style?

I haven't decided to do this just yet and am not sure I would even want to take the time needed. Just looking to bounce the idea around and see what you think.

I AM KEEPING ALL GREENLIGHTS AND M2'S AT THIS POINT. I WILL ADD CARS EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Here is my opinion. If you have to sell, then keep what you truely 110% like and sell the rest. Selling any collection for $4000 to $5000 will not be easy at all even if it is a great deal. If you have a local flea market, try someone that sells diecast there. They might spend that kind of money to make a profit in the end or if you want to make the right amount of money for your collection, selling one piece at a time is your best bet. Make take some time but worth it in the end.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Go to a local flea market and buy a table for the day set up and sell. I would post the most valuable peices here, ebay or UTHC.com HWC.com. Sell the valuable ones individually sell the others in lots of 10-15 cars by type. I would think this would be your best bet. You never know who will be at a flee market. I was selling my HW to buy more GL. I had a table full of HW mustangs, maybe 100-120 cars nothing fancy mostly older mainlines. Guy came buy and bought the whole table for 300.00 I had already sold my nicer cars on ebay for 750.00 by selling them individually. Good luck.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to a local flea market and buy a table for the day set up and sell. I would post the most valuable peices here, ebay or UTHC.com HWC.com. Sell the valuable ones individually sell the others in lots of 10-15 cars by type. I would think this would be your best bet. You never know who will be at a flee market. I was selling my HW to buy more GL. I had a table full of HW mustangs, maybe 100-120 cars nothing fancy mostly older mainlines. Guy came buy and bought the whole table for 300.00 I had already sold my nicer cars on ebay for 750.00 by selling them individually. Good luck.
HEY!!! How's the new baby?

I may try to ebay a few things and see how it goes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Shes good. She was born at 1:14PM 9lbs 15oz.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Congrats! I hope you are not use to sleeping. Swagfu I would do what 03silvergt suggested. Sell off the valuable pieces individually and the lesser pieces in lots. I hope things work out for the best.

·
Registered
750 Posts
hey firehawk, ive got a 3 1/12 year old little girl also......whats this sleep stuff your talking about?????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts